Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xKrNMBoYx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default Flip case question

I'm thinking about getting a flip case and have a question for you flip case owners. The only damage I seem to get on my phones is from scratches on the glass due to keys in my pocket. I'm sorry, but I can't stand screen protectors, so I thought the flip case would be a good option for me.

I have one question though- how well does the case stay closed unless you are trying to open it? I'm thinking about picking one up for my wife as well but I'm worried that it will open up when jostling around in her purse, defeating the purpose of it.

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Flip case question

I use this one and the flap clips really strongly onto the actual phone. It will never open by itself.
    Also, unlike some flip cases with a clip, it isnt an ugly strip of leather going round the back with a popper so its really slick, maybe adds 2mm width.
    I wouldnt wana drop it from a height but like you, i want it for screen protection but hate protectors

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0080D1GG...r-21&m1k=vb_ac

Just noticed theres blue and white versions now
    Black is pimp though

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Are we speaking Flip Case or Flip Cover? I guess it doesn't matter. I use the OEM Flip Cover which isn't a case. It does very well protecting the screen of my S3. There are zero scratches, not to a humans eye at least. It stays closed and only opens when you try to open it (Use one hand to hold and other to flip open cover, or press on side connection and flip sideways to open with one hand)
    funkylogik likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Thanks for the replies! Has your flip cover frayed at all? I've seen a number of reviews where people complain about the edges fraying with little use. I'm wondering if this was a manufacturing defect early on or if it is a problem with the design of the cover.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Not on mine, theres no stitching as such n its Samsung approved.
    Vertical flip can be annoying but the flap sits flat against the back when txting and i suppose horisontal has its props.
    Ive played with both n id recomend mine, specialy the white if its for the more femenine among us

Wow the white is hot and its gloss so wipeable

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Not on mine, theres no stitching as such n its Samsung approved.<br />
    Vertical flip can be annoying but the flap sits flat against the back when txting and i suppose horisontal has its props.<br />
    Ive played with both n id recomend mine, specialy the white if its for the more femenine among us <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Wow the white is hot and its gloss so wipeable<br />
    <br />
    Dude! Font! Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by bmbriefs View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Has your flip cover frayed at all? I've seen a number of reviews where people complain about the edges fraying with little use. I'm wondering if this was a manufacturing defect early on or if it is a problem with the design of the cover.
    Yes the edges actually get worn out after normal use. I got tired of them sticking out so I pull them off every now and then.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Dude! Font! Which is it?
    My font... umm....
    Heres a screenshot coz my memorys **** Flip case question-uploadfromtaptalk1355560151149.jpg

Think i got it from Fontomizer app mate

Looks like this

So its just different enough to be readable :beer:

GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    My font... umm....
    Heres a screenshot coz my memorys **** Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355560151149.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	51142

Looks like this
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/15/6y9uveve.jpg

Can you do this without root?

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

this can be done without root. Samsung makes this very easy. DL through a font app>install>settings>display>set font

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    My font... umm....
    Heres a screenshot coz my memorys **** Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355560151149.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	51142

Looks like this
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/15/6y9uveve.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from Big Red

Quote Originally Posted by bmbriefs View Post
    I ended up returning mine I had the white one and it was turning yellow after only 2 weeks of light use.

Sent from Big Red

I have the blue flip cover and the edges haven't frayed one bit. It is durable and looks classy. I payed 24 ish in the AC Shop. It stays closed very well and is high quality. No complaints from me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1