Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By J Teezy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Universal Smart Dock with HDMI & USB...

The official Samsung Multimedia HDMI white dock is now sold at Amazon.com. Currently sold out at $99.99...

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Universal Smart Docking Station with HDMI and USB for Video and Peripherals (White): Computers & Accessories

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Universal Smart Dock with HDMI & USB...

here's the problem with any kind of dock is that they typically don't work if you have a case on your phone. The smart thing would be to make a dock that can be adjusted if your phone has a case. I would say the vast majority of smart phone users have a case on their phone. If my S3 could fit in this with an Otterbox Commuter on I would probably get one, but having to take the case off all the time to dock it = no thanks. Shame too because I'd spring for this even though its way over priced
    RM3Jeff Bates1 likes this.

Does this one works fine with Galaxy S3??, it would be superb with the New Ubuntu for phones!!!!!!

Tanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by J Teezy View Post
    here's the problem with any kind of dock is that they typically don't work if you have a case on your phone. The smart thing would be to make a dock that can be adjusted if your phone has a case. I would say the vast majority of smart phone users have a case on their phone. If my S3 could fit in this with an Otterbox Commuter on I would probably get one, but having to take the case off all the time to dock it = no thanks. Shame too because I'd spring for this even though its way over priced
    Well looking at the reviews on YouTube you can place your cased phone on the dock with no problems...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Have a link of a review?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Does buying it avoid having to get a hdmi to hd tv adapter for S3? Got it very cheap (Samsung Galaxy S4 /Note 3/ S3 / Note 2 Smart Dock - EDD-S20EWEG :: Mobile Fun Belgi), but wonder if I still have to buy the adapter.
    SGS3 seems to have this rather unintelligible aspect that it does not automatically adapt to hdmi.

Yes, if you purchase this dock all you need is a standard HDMI cable to connect the dock to your HD TV.

Wish this had been available when the phone (S3) was first released - I ended up with the dock that just has audio output.

Edit: too bad I can't read Belgian (or Dutch?) - how's the price compare in American currency?

Edit 2: assuming that is the symbol for Euros, that is more expensive than the current Amazon price. But of course if you're an International customer then with duties and shipping I suppose it could be considered cheap.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by GSDer; 12-16-2013 at 12:15 PM.