1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Good case for Galaxy S3

I currently have the Samsung flip cover on my S3 and I recently dropped my phone screen first, and now I have a big scratch, I was thinking of buying the Otterbox Defender but heard people about the outer silicon cover stretching after some use. So are there any other good cases which offer the same level of protection as the Defender?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Good case for Galaxy S3

hmmm... I tried this one and it does the job. it came with screen protector and a stylus too. well maybe not as bulk as defender but it is good enough for me. dropped several times no issues. it somehow absorb the hit more than hard cases.

price is hard to beat. . . 3.99 USD for a blue case + screen protector + mini stylus... and NOT shipped from hk/china....

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

You should try Trident Case...they have a couple of soultions that offer slim protection (Aegis Case) all the way up to maximum protection (Kraken AMS).

You can try a defender case, it is fairly good and the price is nice too. I like wallet cases like those:
    They protect better than to be expected and they are really nice.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

You should take a look at the xtreme case by gform. I just got mine today and it's great. It does add some bulk to it but no more than an otterbox.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I've got an Otterbox Commuter for my GS3, and I love it. It's not as bulky as the Defender, but it's still really sturdy and it can take a beating. I haven't had any stretching issues either

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

The Ballistic Every1 case doesn't add much bulk and is very protective. Dropped it a few times and nothing happened to the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

You're right. From iPod Touches, iPhones, Galaxy S2/S3, to One S', the outer silicone does seem to stretch out with use. Like Zapfrog says if you're on a budget, the other good solution would be a ballistic case. If price isn't a big issue and you don't mind paying $70-$100 (not sure of the price) Seidio's Obex, LifeProof's upcoming (could be years) case, or Element Case (saw some new unannounced bulky cases at the showcase) case. Outside of the Otterbox and Ballistic, I don't have much experience, and they just seem like a silicone case plus some piece of plastic to keep it's form.

Yeah, I do like the Otterbox designs but gave up on them after having cases for the iPhone and s3 get the silicon all stretched out repeatedly.

Went with Ballistic and haven't looked back. Another to check out is Griffin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Not wanting to generate yet another case thread, and this seems to be pretty close to the question I have, so here goes...

My mother has a T-Mobile Galaxy S3, and has been using it with the following case: Amazon.com: elago G5 Slim Fit Case for Galaxy S3 (Fits Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and other Carriers) - Soft Feeling Jean Indigo - ECO PACK: Cell Phones & Accessories

She dropped it the other day and, after bouncing off her foot and onto a wooden floor, it suffered a hairline fracture to the screen. The crack is barely visible and, being a clean line running from one edge to the other, I don't expect it to get any worse on its own.

That said, I'm wondering if any of you have a recommendation of a case that would offer notably better protection from drops while still being fairly compact and allowing use with a dock.

Thanks in advance!

I have tried a lot of cases so far and am still not 100 percent satisfied. The latest I returned was the Trident Kraken ams for my S3. It was a sturdy case and I liked the protection, but the buttons were not rubber covered, they are like click buttons made of plastic and every time I put my phone in my case/pouch it would hit the volume button and turn the volume way down.

I'm using the commuter from otter box.... Tough as hell and not bulky.

Sent from my tin can with string attached