Galaxy S2 unresponsive if I disconnect the earphones...... Strange

Anshul Dwivedi

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I own a Samsung Galaxy S2. I bought it last year (2012) in the month of June.

Since evening today (29th July 2013), I am having the strangest of all issues, here is a brief description:

My device is working perfectly when the 3.5mm audio Jack (earphone) is connected.
As soon as I remove them, my device freezes up; none of the buttons work (Home, volume and Lock), the screen just stays on the screen it was when I disconnected the earphones. It doesn't even switch off or start without the earphones connected. When I switch it on, it gets stuck on the first screen (with the device name)....
If someone is calling me and I remove my earphones for receiving the call, the ringtone gets stuck (on the same note) and when I reconnect the earphones, it starts working fine again.

If I leave the device on after removing the earphones, it gets very hot.

I have switched it off and on many times....... didn't work.
I even reset my phone to factory settings........ didn't work
I installed Quick-heal AV to check for any malware but didn't find anything.

Need to know the solution to this issue from you guys before moving to the customer support. They will just tell me that XYZ component of my phone is not working and needs to be replaced and I would end up giving 10K bucks for this.

Please help me.:(

Thanks in advance.
Waiting for your reply

Forgot to mention, the OS is 4.0.3 (Which I have been using since last September)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
First answer that comes to mind is its sounding like hardware related to the headphone jack and its causing issues software related too...

wb_bear

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Anshul,

Finally someone who has the same problem I am facing! It seems that this is a very rare incident. Either we are the only two unfortunate ones or this issue was never reported. Just wondering if you've had any luck with your S2. I called the service centre and they are equally perplexed, asked me to bring it down for servicing but the warranty's over so I might have to pay for that. Basically I have encountered each and every problem you mentioned here. Already done a factory reset too but it still hangs unless I connect earphones to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae