Anti-glare screen protectors

InGale

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
Hope it's the right place to ask this question:
The GSIII screen isn't very clear in bright sun light (and "isn't very clear" is an understatement). So I was thinking maybe there's some anti glare screen protectors. So I looked on eBay and I see there are lots of these anti glare screen protectors: form Hong Kong, China, Canada... So I wanted to ask: has anybody used these? Are they any good? Do they really help against glare? And if not, are there any other solutions to help see the GSIII screen better in sunlight?

Thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
AMOLED screens, such as the one in the S3, are inherently poor choices if your viewing is limited to sunlight, particularly bright sunlight. If you can't afford to get a phone using an alternate display technology then you can certainly try anti-glare screen protectors, but I wouldn't count on much improvement.

I should state that I haven't invested in different screen protectors (perhaps if I worked for Android Central the manufacturers would be happy to send me samples to try out) so if you have $$ to throw around you may find one that does make a noticeable difference - if that happens please do post your comparison data so that others can benefit from your experience.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

InGale

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Thank you both for your answers!

I just asked a friend of mine, who lives in the US and comes to visit here in a little less than 2 weeks to get me 2 packs from Amazon - I chose 1 by Tech Armor and 1 by Supershieldz (sorry alexander1010, it happened before I saw your comment). So I'll see how it works out for me, hope they will be useful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34