Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!

How do I put my phone into the holster? It will not fit. Also, when I watch videos about the holster, it looks different than the one I have. Anyways, back to my original question, how do I put the phone in the holster?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!-20140703_181621.jpg   Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!-20140703_181632.jpg   Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!-20140703_181638.jpg  

Default Re: Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!

Ummm, I assume that you have the otterbox defender case on the phone? The holster will only work with the defender case, nothing else, if you have the correct parts it is fairly obvious.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by rusty502 View Post
    Ummm, I assume that you have the otterbox defender case on the phone? The holster will only work with the defender case, nothing else, if you have the correct parts it is fairly obvious.
    Yep. I have the Otterbox Defender case on my phone. It will not fit. It seems that I have a different holster than other people. Even the official Otterbox tutorial video has a differently designed holster than mine.

How about a shot of the phone next to the holster for comparison.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Here are the pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!-968.jpg   Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!-969.jpg   Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!-970.jpg   Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!-971.jpg   Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!-965.jpg  

Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!-966.jpg   Otterbox Defender holster is driving me crazy!-967.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Here are the pictures
    You're right, that doesn't look like the correct holster, did you purchase new?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by rusty502 View Post
    You're right, that doesn't look like the correct holster, did you purchase new?
    Yeah. I purchased it new from an at&t store. The holster and the case came in one box. I didn't buy them seperately.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Bump.

Perhaps you should take it back to the store where you purchased it and ask THEM to show you how it's supposed to fit together?
    Or ask them to examine another box to see if these parts were just mismatched?
    Or contact Otterbox and ask them for some help with their product?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    neonworm likes this.

Looks like your holster is for a iphone otterbox defender

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy s86