Charger made hissing sounds and burned, for the second time.

Hdinax

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
My phone was lagging and at about 74%, so I put it in a wall outlet and suddenly it made a hissing sound so I put it in another outlet and it continued making that sound till' it burned and didn't work at all, and I've tried it on many other outlets.

The thing is, this is the second time this happens on the same charger, until I changed the part of the charger that was damaged. I spent a lot of money fixing my phone, getting new batteries, new chargers and on the phone itself (It didn't charge at all at some point and flickered when it reached 15% but gradually flickered at higher percentages like 70%), but then I got it fixed and the problem revolved around the chargers so, I got different ones until I bought this one that burned twice.

I don't even know what the problem is anymore, like is my phone still broken and is damaging the charger? or is it a bad charger, and I am not willing to get a new phone currently. I just want to know if this is ever going to end, should I try other chargers or get it fixed again!

I just want to know what the problem is, please.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It has to be the charger. Was it an official Samsung charger, or some cheap 3rd party one? If it burned the first time, I would've gotten rid of it immediately (or asked the store for a refund).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the charger is properly made, drawing too much current from it (like a short in the phone) would cause the charger to shut off so, as B. Diddy said, I'd suspect the charger. There are differences in the quality of the parts used in $5 chargers and $35 chargers.

Hdinax

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
It's not an official Samsung charger, but the problem is Samsung chargers always bent and didn't work with my phone that well, I think I will try to charge my phone today with an old Samsung charger that I've had before, but would that harm my phone ? because I think it always created a problem with my phone and I don't want that to happen again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer