Thoughts on the Galaxy S lll coming to VZW

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
So I was just wondering what everyone thinks about a GS3 coming to Verizon on or after official release date?

Verizon got the Nexus while T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T all received the GS2
Now that the Nexus will be coming to other providers, do you think VZW will decide on getting the GS3 for their line up.

Thoughts?

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Honestly... maybe. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

It will likely be GSM only for the launch. If Verizon gets it, it will be several months away for a LTE version on Verizon's network.

I'd shoot for a Christmas 2012 release on Verizon. By then the new Nexus may be available and Verizon will pass on the SG3 (like the SG2).

BoostHungry

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends on one particular thing: the processor.

If the processor (supposedly a 32nm technology) supports LTE on chip then I think Verizon will be one of the phones first stops. If it does not support LTE on chip then it will be a while, and frankly not worth it.

To me the appeal of this phone is based on if the chipset will have long lasting appeal against 28nm chips coming to market this year.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus was odd timing. It really depends on how close the GS3 comes out compared to the next Nexus phone. History might repeat itself and things will go as they did last year, but I doubt it. Samsung themselves had said that they don't like the long time span between introducing the phone and it being released world wide. I hope with the GS3, they will have something close to resembling a global launch, kind of how Apple handles its launches.

I am pretty sure it will come to Sprint since the GS2 seems to be a good seller for them along with the iPhone. They would be silly to pass it up. Verizon doesn't seem to discriminate as far as what brand phone they offer, they just skipped the GS2 because of the Nexus. It's too early to tell, but I hope we'll know more when Samsung takes the wraps off this beast. I am cautiously optimistic that it's going to be all and end all of all smart phones and will reign supreme as the Android king. After having my Epic Touch 4G for a few months now, I can't ever see myself going back to HTC, and after using a Photon the other day, I can't see myself with a Motorola device either.

amgalloway

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
i have a droid incredible. Love it, but I need a change. This may be perfect if it COMES TO VERIZON!!!! I'll be pretty freakin pissed if it doesnt.

jl1967

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I used to have a Rooted Fascinate and now I have a Moto Droid Razr. If anything from Samsung galaxy family coming back to Verizon, I'm going to switch back to Galaxy. I am not saying Razr is bad but Galaxy is better in my opinion. I can't compare to other phones because I've never had it.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty hot. Quad core, 1080p display. DO WANT!!! Please VERIZON!!!

Seriously doubting the 1080p display. No human eye would see the difference between a 720p and a 1080p, the screen is just too small. Also, if you can't see the difference why put the processor through the torture of having to display the additional pixels noone sees. I think the bgr source is wrong and I would be extremely surprised if samsung would really do that.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I think VZW made a mistake not carrying the GSII, and would be surprised if they made that mistake again given the success it had. Verizon will get it because they KNOW people will buy it. That's my thoughts at least. Oh yeah, I'd buy it for sure.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I think VZW made a mistake not carrying the GSII, and would be surprised if they made that mistake again given the success it had. Verizon will get it because they KNOW people will buy it. That's my thoughts at least. Oh yeah, I'd buy it for sure.

Verizon was one of the first U.S. carriers with the Galaxy S1, and they did get the best Galaxy S2 = Galaxy Nexus. I would be shocked if Verizon did not carry the Galaxy S3 this summer.

trekmario

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
They passed on the note and g2 so i think its safe to say they will pass here too.they stuck on droids. I want the galaxy note . But its just sad. Big red will charge 30$ for an upgrade then make you pay for the phone and still limit what kinda phone you get.while everybody gets the better phones we get leftovers.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know maildroid. Verizon won't sell a high end phone if it doesn't use the "droid" name. Royalties must cost a fortune :p

If they pass up on the GS3 I am done renewing my contract.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They passed on the note and g2 so i think its safe to say they will pass here too.they stuck on droids. I want the galaxy note . But its just sad. Big red will charge 30$ for an upgrade then make you pay for the phone and still limit what kinda phone you get.while everybody gets the better phones we get leftovers.

I hope you're not assuming that all DROID-branded phones are Motorola devices.

Last edited:

thelowend

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope you're not assuming that all DRUID-branded phones are Motorola devices.

The large majority are though.

In the next year, I will be moving off Verizon to At & T if the S3 is exclusive to the former. That exclusivity will pretty much confirm Verizon's exclusion from next gen hardware support.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon