Tmobile OFFICIAL leak??

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
The Verge officially leaked the tmobile s3?

Screen-Shot-2012-06-01-at-5.30.34-PM.png

Samsung Galaxy S III for T-Mobile USA appears, looks unchanged from Euro versions

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Quite awesome to come home today to see this piece of news. With this leaked render of at least one of the carrier GS3 varriants paired along with the rumored June 20th launch date, that means in part we are at least getting close to Samsung's official announcement for the phone.
Now it seems the T-Mobile varriant remains almost completely unchanged from the International version with a few very minor changes like the T-Mobile and Galaxy S III logos on the back of the phone. The T-Mobile version still has the physical home button and the two capacitive button setup as the International GS3. This is surprising because in the past with the two previous generations of the Galaxy S, Samsung has used all capacitive buttons on the US versions. I have a feeling S Voice is the reason for the US version having a physical home button.
Also its almost likely the US GS3 varriants will have the Snapdragon S4 and 2gb of RAM like the Canadian versions.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Well we now know what the T-Mo GS3 looks like, im wondering if the Sprint and Verizon versions will look the same since they use CDMA

MbTurner1977

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone concerned about the S3 having a menu button and not the multi task button and how that will affect future versions of the operating system? Samsung is the only 1 that has deviated from this the htc 1 x and that the galaxy nexus both have the multitasks button. This concerns me I just wanna see what others think.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone concerned about the S3 having a menu button and not the multi task button and how that will affect future versions of the operating system? Samsung is the only 1 that has deviated from this the htc 1 x and that the galaxy nexus both have the multitasks button. This concerns me I just wanna see what others think.

hold down the home button for the multitask menu

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Yup holding down the home button brings up the standard ICS multitasking menu. I think the only reason the US versions of the GS3 would have to have the physical home button is because so many of the phone's features rely on it.

Burner2K0

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yup holding down the home button brings up the standard ICS multitasking menu. I think the only reason the US versions of the GS3 would have to have the physical home button is because so many of the phone's features rely on it.

Yea keep in mind that we have S-Voice now and in order to make it work you need to double tap the home button. How would that work with four capacitive buttons? So it make sense.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
S Voice is an app, it has an icon, so, while not as convenient as double tapping the home button, you can still use it that way. Also, can't you wake it up by saying it's name?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
All in all, keeping the physical specs the same is a win. Better case selection at least. Also helps ease the software update process. Seems like there will be 2 versions of the phone. The og international and the S4 LTE. We should see updates MUCH faster than the 20 different versions of the SGSII.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

MbTurner1977

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know that but what happens when all apps start implementing the menu button on the screen. Don't you think that button will become useless?

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
It's great! It's about damn time Sammy stopped bowing down to at least one of the US carriers!

Was there any word regarding bloatware? That's another thing Samsung (along with others) should stop taking from carriers! No, T-Mobile nobody wants your Qik video chat, nor that TV (cr)app!

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know that but what happens when all apps start implementing the menu button on the screen. Don't you think that button will become useless?

I think it will be along time before that happens, and I do not like the on screen menu button. I prefer the capative menu button.

Last edited:

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
My thoughts are T-Mobile did a good job by not messing with a winning formula. Looks like T-Mobile's got a winner on their hands!

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know that but don't you think that button will become useless when all apps start implementing the menu button being on screen?

Well considering that only 7% of android phones have ICS. It will be a long time before that happens

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Well considering that only 7% of android phones have ICS. It will be a long time before that happens

I agree with how many android phones go out a year its hard for this to actually happen. specially with google not setting out Rules and requirements.

Plus im sure it would have been nearly impossible for samsung to produce 4 us versions + international for this short of a release . i think is smart for both Updates and also support from case makers and everything like with the iphone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol