Galaxy S3 very hot in more ways than one!

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S III is hot: bursts into flames and melts through its own casing

3170ad03.jpg

ad4c9c12.jpg

bcaf2fb5.jpg

dc149ed1.jpg

8b24575d.jpg

c026c7c1.jpg

801262e9.jpg

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Uh details please? Has this been verified anywhere? If so -- i suspect recalls or even stop shipment which would cause even more delays.

I mean, this could have just been someone taking a lighter to it for all we know.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's not completely unheard of. There have been quite a few news stories about phones exploding or catching on fire over the years. Google "Cell Phone Catches fire" and you get quite a few news stories.

As long as it doesn't become an epidemic of exploding GSIII's, we probably don't have anything to worry about.

Reactions: Mtn_Scott

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That is the quad core...I hope...the S4 will not even melt butter according to Qualcomm lol!

Ye, it is the quad core model. IT was also in a car holster, which I didn't think are released yet? :confused: Even if it is legit it is one phone and that doesn't make me worry for a moment. If these issues start popping up in numbers then I will be a little more worried.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, if it happens to me, I hope I get enough injury to sue Samsung for good money, but not enough injury to alter my life.

Then I'm good. :)

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
They probably tried to use their old style MHL adaptor....:)

From My SGS2ET4G Using Tapatalk

Actually I don't think you're too far off here. The guy said it happened while plugged into his car dock. Do we know what kind of car dock he was using?

Was it a decent/official one, or did he grab it for $0.88 off some Chinese ebay store and is now surprised that said 88 cent dock blew up his phone?

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Reguardless it was a freak incident, hell wasn't there a story about someone's iPhone that caught fire on an airplane? chances are It could have been a defective phone. Even though the GS3 is like a god phone that doesnt mean its inmune from defects.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap! I would be soooo pissed if that happened to my new toy :)

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!

Reactions: Downtown Taco

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Not much backstory on this and alot of possibly user-error variables (assuming it actually did "catch on fire by itself")... im not worried much

kev2126

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually I don't think you're too far off here. The guy said it happened while plugged into his car dock. Do we know what kind of car dock he was using?

Was it a decent/official one, or did he grab it for $0.88 off some Chinese ebay store and is now surprised that said 88 cent dock blew up his phone?

Id be willing to bet it was a cheap knockoff and it fried the phone. I had a Moto get fried a fewears back because of one of the cheapo Chinese chargers from ebay.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21