How Do I Transfer My Blackberry Torch Calendar to Galaxy S3?

MeNTaIPaTleNT

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I should receive my Galaxy S3 from Amazon in a few days and I was wondering how to transfer my calendar from my Blackberry Torch to it? Does the Kies software do it? Google search doesn't come up with anything specific to the Galaxy S3.

Contacts should be fairly simple...they are all on my SIM card so I just pop it into the Galaxy S3 right?

Any time I've upgraded I always went to the store and they transferred everything for me. In this case they still have no idea when they're getting stock and they said they should have them before the end of the month (even though the article stated 7/6). I got sick of waiting, lol.

It's also my first Android phone so I can't want to get it.

Thanks in advance.

jostnyc

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
hey im also coming from a torch to a galaxy3. im getting ready to transfer everything. i have a gmail account already cause i use google play on my playbook. i dont think theres an easy way to just transfer from phone to phone. what i did was i synced my calendar to google from outlook. i didnt see a way to sync contacts to google, im still working on it. i did sync the contacts and calendar to yahoo just to have options available. google has an app to sync from your phone, even for blackberries. i guess when i get the phone ill use that, or maybe it will be automatic since i will link my gmail account to the new phone. im gonna do some more searching see if i can make the sync easier.

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Google, Gmail, Google calendar. That is all. I had a torch switched automatically so easy and walla. Just sync your calendar.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Switched from blackberry. All you have to do is download google sync using your blackberry browser (just search "goolgle sync for blackberry" and you should find it). After you've installed the app, choose sync contacts and calendar. As soon as you start your S3 and put in your gmail account all your contacts will be there.

pcotton

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I used windows hotmail sync to get all my contacts and calendar across. It even syncs with my outlook now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Kies for Windows from Samsung. I was able to transfer my Outlook contact information and calendar to my GS3. I backed up my BB9810 using Desktop Manager and synched it with Outlook. Don't hit the synch button more than once as random contacts and calendar items are duplicated but are easy to remove.

MeNTaIPaTleNT

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It's weird because anytime I've entered a calendar event, in the top corner it said "send using:" and I would always choose my hotmail account.

I never had a gmail account and I just created one. When I go to google sync on my BB, I log in with my new gmail account. In options where it says "sync these calendars" the only option is my new gmail account...there is no option to select my hotmail account.

If I log into hotmail through the website and go to calendars, nothing is where...what am I missing?

jostnyc

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
im glad to hear its easy. ive been breaking my head thinking how to do this. my phone arrives tomorrow, now i will be ready.

MeNTaIPaTleNT

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It seems to only be downloading from my newly created gmail account, however there is nothing to be downloaded. For some reason I can't upload whats currently on my phone. Contacts and Calendars is checked but I cannot choose my Hotmail account in the settings. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Kris Mosley

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I used the Sync utility from Google to transfer my Blackberry Torch 9810 calendar to my Samsung Galazy S3, and only a single calendar entry moved over . I have a slew of recurring entries - birthdays, etc., and they are not coming over. Any ideas?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Kies that can be downloaded from
Samsung's website. Works well with Outlook. This is how I transfered my contact information and calendar for my Torch 9810 when I got my GS3 in June.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

badhabit_wb

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I used blackberry desktop to move all of my info to outlook and then used myphoneexplorer to transfer everything to my s3. worked great. you can also set up your blackberry to sync everything to gmail and then when you set up your gmail acct on your s3 sync it back

ejlove315

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to transfer my outlook items (Calendar, Contacts, Memos and Tasks) from my Blackberry Torch to my SG III. I have a blackberry backup file (.bbb) but Kies is unable to transfer from the file. I have taken the file off of the jump drive i had it saved on and put it on the hard drive of the computer I am using for the transfer process. I am unable to connect the Blackberry Torch to the internet to get the easy transfer because the SG III has been activated and the Torch is inactive with cell service. I am desperate to try and fix this problem without having to re-renter all the data from my Torch to the SG III. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks to all responders in advance!

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Set up the email account associated with your Outlook account on the SIII. Then set up your contacts & calendar on the SIII to sync with it. I installed Evernote on my computer & synced my Outlook memos to it. Then I installed Evernote on the SIII & synced it. I just redid my tasks, but there's probably a way to do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Techmajesty1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I transitioned from RIM. Kies from the Samsung website to transfer from Outlook the contacts and calendar or There are a ton of power saving techniques. Select your Power Saving mode. Change your refresh rates. It could also be that you have a battery or an issue with the device.I hold down the homescreen button and shutdown tasks.

susie1428

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
my problem is I want to transfer the avatars from my blackberry to my Galaxy S3. everything else transferred without a problem but the avatars are copy protected by Blackberry.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I just decided to start over, so I created new "avatars" by doing searches to get .png images & icons. Can't even remember what the BlackBerry avatars look like anymore!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

phil_d1111

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have every pice of information stored in gmail contacts - a lot of it is just on a *.bbb (blackberry backup file) - is there any workaround for that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power