UPDATED S-Voice!

dgene84

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
There seams to be a major update to S-Voice. When you go into the Samsung App Center it updates the entire center and it includes S-Voice update to 4.0 released 7/07/2012 Or you can just search for it in the Samsung App Store on the phone and update it.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
There seams to be a major update to S-Voice. When you go into the Samsung App Center it updates the entire center and it includes S-Voice update to 4.0 released 7/07/2012 Or you can just search for it in the Samsung App Store on the phone and update it.

I cannot seem to find this? How do you search for it? Nothing updated automatically

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It did the update to the Samsung apps thing, but when searching within it, I couldn't find S Voice. The version number to S Voice on my phone after the update is 4.0.8124 (r1), not sure what it was before that.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It did the update to the Samsung apps thing, but when searching within it, I couldn't find S Voice. The version number to S Voice on my phone after the update is 4.0.8124 (r1), not sure what it was before that.

Are you using the international version?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

insert-logic-here

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I am on the att us version and just checked my s-voice version. It's at 4.0.8124 (r1).

I have never done any manual updates.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
That's what version I'm on... I did the manual update as soon as I saw the og post.

I have the Sprint version.
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I would love an update s-voice it works but it definitely need some voice recognition improvements

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

dgene84

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the sprint version of the phone also and i went into the samsung app store and typed s voice and it populated and that was it .... it any of you have version 4.XXX that is the new version released on the 7 so it may have been pushed to your phone.

robnelle

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I have Sprint and I have the app. Are you running a custom rom? If so, the chef may have removed it. This is what it looks like - see circled icon in the attached pic:

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the sprint version 32gb blue. I have never done an update to S-voice. In fact i have used titanium backup to freeze it ever since I rooted the phone on day 1. I also froze the samsung store apps, but whatever... I did, however, unfreeze s-voice to check the version for the purpose of this thread.

I have the same version 4.0.8124(r1) as everyone else.

You may have updated the app center, but the s-voice app seems to have the same build you always had.

with that said....have you noticed any difference in using the app that improves the experience you were having?

as far as I have seen...its still vlingo...which, for me, is a distant second to voice command on google. :cool:

but hey, if you enjoy your s-voice, and it does what you like, then rock that $#!t and enjoy your phone.;)

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
It is on my SG3 from AT&T, there was no shortcut for it, but it was in apps. I still haven't figured out how to update it. The Samsung Appstore is a download you can sideload.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781