Moving apps to external SD Card

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Can't on S3. All apps stored on phone.
That is why they offered a 16gb or 32gb version.

Apple's opening court statement...
"It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

bdaoust

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
At first that was annoying to me, but think about it. 16GB for apps is a lot. I have most of my applications installed and I'm only around 600MB.

Granted, I don't have any large game apps on my S3, but I'm not really a mobile gamer anyways.

I have to say, I was an HTC user and switched to the S3 and this phoning is pretty fantastic. :D

ZeyadHesham

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
At first that was annoying to me, but think about it. 16GB for apps is a lot. I have most of my applications installed and I'm only around 600MB.

Granted, I don't have any large game apps on my S3, but I'm not really a mobile gamer anyways.

I have to say, I was an HTC user and switched to the S3 and this phoning is pretty fantastic. :D
I almost finished my 16 GB, there isn't a 32 GB available over here :S

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
people have to remember that memory works differently on s3. it has an internal SD that everything can be stored on and u can use an external SD to save media on. s3 wont read apps on external sd. as someone said, unless youre a gamer, 16Gb is plenty to store any apps youre gona use at any one time :)

ZeyadHesham

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, but the storage isn't exactly 16 GB !!!!

WTF, accurately it's 11.35 GB there's a 5 GB difference!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

s3uzah

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I got so sick of hearing people saying "trust me, 16/32 gigs is more than enough." It pisses me off hearing people tell me what I require. Also, you are wrong. The galaxy is capable of reading off the external SD. After searching through countless threads I finally found a solution. It's an app called GL to SD. It requires root access, but it works. Finally my phone is pimped out. Custom skin, rooted jellybean 4.1 (cyanogen mod), extended battery, custom UI,and the final step. Downloading and moving my extensive games library to my SD. Officially pimped out.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
cool do the games run fine mate?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

K00l Br33z3

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The S3 is my first smartphone and I purchased the 32GB external drive so I had plenty of room to play. Spent a pretty penny and rooted it the 2nd day as a newbie. I had some freeze issues with icq and I think junk apps loading ads. I would really like to put apps on my external and keep my internal clean. I have several frozen apps in TB some I would like to have accessible. I'm really looking forward to learning linux so I can really play. So how can I move my apps?

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
JUST TO MAKE SOME PEOPLE THAT DON'T OBVIOUSLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT SAMSUNG OR FORCE MOVING APPS TO SD, HERE IS A WONDERFUL LITTLE APP THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF EXT SD ISSUES AND BIND IT TO ICS/JB (ICE CREAM SANDWICH/JELLYBEAN) IOS SO THAT YOU CAN MOVE APPS TO SD WITH FORCE MOVE TO SD APPS!!! THE APP IS CALLED "ICS SD BINDER" YOU CAN GET IT ON GOOGLE PLAY OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD FROM APP BRAIN OR WHATEVER APP STORE YOU USE AND THE BEST PART ABOUT IT IS THAT IT'S FREE!! F**KIN AWESOME!!! ENJOY!!!:p

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
JUST TO MAKE SOME PEOPLE THAT DON'T OBVIOUSLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT SAMSUNG OR FORCE MOVING APPS TO SD, HERE IS A WONDERFUL LITTLE APP THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF EXT SD ISSUES AND BIND IT TO ICS/JB (ICE CREAM SANDWICH/JELLYBEAN) IOS SO THAT YOU CAN MOVE APPS TO SD WITH FORCE MOVE TO SD APPS!!! THE APP IS CALLED "ICS SD BINDER" YOU CAN GET IT ON GOOGLE PLAY OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD FROM APP BRAIN OR WHATEVER APP STORE YOU USE AND THE BEST PART ABOUT IT IS THAT IT'S FREE!! F**KIN AWESOME!!! ENJOY!!!:p

Unrooted?????

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale, aroma v1.5A. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
yes unrooted it works fine...
but should you run into problems, which I doubt since this particular app is for SG series phones, let me know and I'll give you the rundown on how to get things working manually with a pc....:cool:

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Tbh im happy with my apps on sd and media on Ext Sd but im not a gamer.
I cant imagine how an app could make the phone read apps from Ext Sd without fooling it into it which would require root though tbh....

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Why is folks blaming Samsung? Google has made the change for apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith