Kies won't back up Network Settings and Bookmarks all others OK

tweazer

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening since I got my phone over a month ago. There have been at least 3 updates to Kies. I am running the latest 2.5.0.12094_28.

Kies does backup everything except the Network Settings and Bookmarks.

Anyone have any insight.

Edit: I should have added that I have a stock SGH-T999V and am on the Wind network.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
since updating Kies, it wont let me back up ANYTHING lol (v2.5......)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm running 2.0.0 Build 12095_7, which is fairly recent. No issues backing up the phone, but not aware that Kies can backup network settings unless that is buried in the "Preferences and ringtones" or the Email account information" Backup options.

Here's one thread describing others with similar concern Kies not restoring properly. But from the Kies Support site it does not appear that Kies has the ability to backup and restore network connection details. Would be cool if it did.
SAMSUNG

tweazer

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
funkylogik , please try de-selecting the Network Settings and Bookmarks check box and run the backup again. It should start within 30 seconds. If your phone is packed with music or pics it may take longer. Kies does not back up the SD card.

The last few Kies updates reflect that they are serious about making this a decent program. Android needs a good cross-brand App that functions similar to iTunes.

since updating Kies, it wont let me back up ANYTHING lol (v2.5......)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez