Status of "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" AFTER Jelly Bean?

fourcand

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Status of "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" AFTER Jelly Bean?

Can anyone please tell me if this "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" finally solved after the recent release of Jelly Bean? Thanks in advance for your support. RF

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Status of "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" AFTER Jelly Bean?

That isn't a common problem, and I doubt that Jelly Bean has a specific fix for it.
Have you tried the normal troubleshooting steps to resolve it?
1. Restart phone
2. Shut down/battery pull
3. Last resort - factory reset

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Status of "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" AFTER Jelly Bean?

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

I?m sorry you are having issues with your device after upgrading the firmware. I can understand your frustration about this.

Old systems settings can be left on the phone after an update occurs, which is why we usually recommend a full factory reset after updating. If this isn?t done your device may begin to give false readings from system resources, or experience technical problems, which may explain the issue you are having.

We would advise on doing the following, which is designed to reset the settings on your device. Please back up your device using Samsung KIES before you do this.

1) Remove the battery for at least 40 minutes, put the battery back in and allow it to fully discharge. Afterwards, perform a full battery charge with the device turned off. Do not interrupt the charging process.

2) After the battery is fully charged, we would like you to perform a full factory reset, which can be done via Settings > Backup > Reset.

This process will reset your device, remove old system files that are no longer needed and enable your device to operate normally again.

Please let us know if your device continues to experience problems after the reset so we can investigate further.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Stewart
Online Support Team
SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

thats the proper way of updating.. worked for me and few others who had the same problem

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

I?m sorry you are having issues with your device after upgrading the firmware. I can understand your frustration about this.

Old systems settings can be left on the phone after an update occurs, which is why we usually recommend a full factory reset after updating. If this isn?t done your device may begin to give false readings from system resources, or experience technical problems, which may explain the issue you are having.

We would advise on doing the following, which is designed to reset the settings on your device. Please back up your device using Samsung KIES before you do this.

1) Remove the battery for at least 40 minutes, put the battery back in and allow it to fully discharge. Afterwards, perform a full battery charge with the device turned off. Do not interrupt the charging process.

2) After the battery is fully charged, we would like you to perform a full factory reset, which can be done via Settings > Backup > Reset.

This process will reset your device, remove old system files that are no longer needed and enable your device to operate normally again.

Please let us know if your device continues to experience problems after the reset so we can investigate further.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Stewart
Online Support Team
SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

thats the proper way of updating.. worked for me and few others who had the same problem

Dammit. I had to factory reset when i got a virus but couldnt remember what you said.
Think i should reset again the proper way?
Any1 know a tech reason for the battery thing?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

fourcand

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I have done the factory reset more than once on the phone and the problem always resurfaced each and every time couple of days or weeks again. The MAIN problem with the suggested reset process, is everything MUST be ERASED and REINSTALLED. All the apps on the phone are gone and must be reinstalled again. I was told NOT to SAVE any current data on the phone and NOT to use the BACKUP feature of the factory reset process. Every time I did a factory reset, I cleaned out EVERYTHING on the phone and must start again from scratch by reinstalling all my apps again. As you can see and I also said earlier, the procedures mentioned by all of you are very frustrating and extremely time consuming. I own a business and I relied upon my phone to work and work well consistently and ALL THE TIME! With the GS3, I end up loosing a great deal of time doing nothing else but factory reset. By the way, when the error message comes up, NOTHING works: No mail, No browser, all apps stopped working. The phone is practically DEAD!!! All the apps and tools required to run my business are useless! Actually, right now I stopped using the GS3 and went back to my BB, not because I want to, but because the GS3 is practical for me to use until this grave problem is resolved!

Question for Samsung: When will the error message "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" from the Galaxy S3 be FIXED WITHOUT US LOYAL OWNERS OF GS3 without a mandatory factory reset?

Respectfully,

RF

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Tbh Samsung should have just reset our phones with the update and been honest so atleast we have everything backed up

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

vipul_338747

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

same error happen in my note 2 so kindly request you to suggest me

vipul_338747

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

unfortunately,the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site

This is a problem with the GAPPS (Google Apps files) not being reloaded properly after an update. And it can happen with any phone if the update hasn't coded GAPPS correctly.

Root your device, flash the latest update from Google, flash the latest GAPPS file, download Rome manager and titanium backup, back a nandroid backup and backup with TB, place extra copy of all files on computer, enjoy phone and always have a backup when needed.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

This is a problem with the GAPPS (Google Apps files) not being reloaded properly after an update. And it can happen with any phone if the update hasn't coded GAPPS correctly.

Root your device, flash the latest update from Google, flash the latest GAPPS file, download Rome manager and titanium backup, back a nandroid backup and backup with TB, place extra copy of all files on computer, enjoy phone and always have a backup when needed.

So are Gapps (or part of) completely missing and a reset wouldnt help mate?
If youre a noob, take it back to the shop and get it reflashed id say...

realety

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

Same problem here! Any fix yet?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Same problem here! Any fix yet?
Welcome to the forums!

You haven't given us much to go on:
- model number; firmware version; rooted/unrooted
- when did the problem start
- what have you already tried (wipe cache in Recovery mode; Factory Reset; etc)

Here are some possible solutions:
1. go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, find 'Google Play Store' and select it - Clear cache, if that doesn't work Clear data, if that doesn't work Force stop; if that doesn't work Uninstall updates (restart the phone between each intermediate step)
2. go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, find 'Google Services Framework' and select it - Clear data, if that doesn't work Force stop
3. go to Settings -> Application manager -> press the Menu button -> select 'Reset app preferences'
4. go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL; scroll to the very bottom of the list and see if 'Downloads' is disabled - if it is, Enable it; also see if 'Google Account Manager' is disabled and if it is Enable it
5. go to Settings, find the Accounts group, select Google, select your Gmail address then select the 'Remove account' button. Restart the phone then add your Google account back.
6. Last is the dreaded Factory Reset - go to Settings -> Back up and reset -> Factory data reset. Be sure you've: synced your Google account; saved any pictures/videos to your computer or SD card or the cloud; saved any SMS/MMS that you care about (the Kies software is the only reliable method I've found to backup/restore MMS); saved your call logs if you care about that; backed up your application data if you want to save your game progress, etc.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15