1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default Can Touchwiz be turned off?

Although Touchwiz may be a nice UI....does anyone know if the option to turn it off will be available?

Can you turn off Sense UI or Moto Blur? That answer to this question will be your answer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ConceptVBS View Post
    Can you turn off Sense UI or Moto Blur? That answer to this question will be your answer.
    I know Sense can be shut off on the EVO, but I have no idea if it can be shut offon all phones running Sense. It would be nice if you know the answer with Touchwiz and the new Samsung Ss you would just say the answer. Thanks for nothing D-bag!

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

HTC took away the option for turning of Sense on the EVO.

You can't turn off touchwiz, but I really don't see why you would want to. It is more or less good, and if you don't want it just flash a vanilla rom.

I saw of Galaxy S phone running LauncherPro, which means that either TouchWiz should be able to be turned off or at least 3rd party launchers can be used instead of TW. Interestingly (at 4:02) this person was running touchwiz and he pressed the home button to start the laucnherpro. Does this mean TW can run atop launcherpro??....

Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    HTC took away the option for turning of Sense on the EVO.

You can't turn off touchwiz, but I really don't see why you would want to. It is more or less good, and if you don't want it just flash a vanilla rom.
    I want to turn it off because the borked the calendar. You can't select phone numbers in an appointment - I have to copy and paste the text and then copy the phone number and paste it into the dialer. It is like using an iPhone from 2 years ago.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Yes - you can run Launcher pro instead of TouchWiz

Simplest way to change launchers is to go to the market, install Home Switcher. Then find LauncherPro and install it from the Market.

Once you've installed Home Switcher and LauncherPro, use Home Switcher to change to LauncherPro (select default). You're done. You can always switch back to TW whenever you need to.

One Caveat! Once you switched over to Launcher Pro - Samsung Kies connectivity will not work when you use a USB connection. Launcher Pro (and others like ADWLauncher) do not launch the MTP application on the i897. TW does if you're at the home screen. Everything else seems to work fine as long as your at the HOME SCREEN of the launcher.

I run Launcher Pro (paid), and it's very quick - better that TW in my personal opinion.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

If you want LauncherPro, just download it. You can then switch between TW and LP by simply long pressing home - no need to install home switcher. Personally, I don't find it much different to TW, more customization sure but not much different.

I want to turn it off because the borked the calendar. You can't select phone numbers in an appointment - I have to copy and paste the text and then copy the phone number and paste it into the dialer. It is like using an iPhone from 2 years ago.
    Launcher Pro is just that - a LAUNCHER- the calendar will still be the touchwiz calendar unless you download a different calendar app. Does anyone know if the vanilla Android calendar or contact list database are downloadable either via marketplace or sideloading? THIS will solve the gripe you list above, NOT using a different launcher.