Does original Galaxy S has gyroscope or six-axis accelerometer?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I guess all US versions of the phone have six-axis accelerometer. I havent read about this being present in original Galaxy S (European version). Can anyone confirm??

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I read somewhere earlier today that it has 6 axis. Is that confirmation enough for you or are you looking for a link?

Note: Not sarcasm.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere earlier today that it has 6 axis. Is that confirmation enough for you or are you looking for a link?

Note: Not sarcasm.

No I dont need a link. I just needed some confirmation.

BTW, one more question, how is six-axis different than a gyroscope or they are one and same thing??

D.Rosendahl

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Normally, you have a 3-Axis accelerometer measuring linear acceleration (surprise! :) ) in the three dimensions. A 6-axis accelerometer does not measure linear acceleration in six dimensions, that would be very hard. Instead the three "extra" accelerometers gives the angular acceleration which in the end means that you can measure acceleration in the 6 degrees of freedom a normal phone haves. I think the name 6-axis accelerometer is very confusing.

A gyroscope measures the angular SPEED, not acceleration, so combining a 3-axis gyroscope with a 3-axis accelerometer is not the same as a 6-axis accelerometer. However, the difference should be quite small for the end user.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
As a pilot, all this technical talk is confusing the hell out of me. I might start questioning my instruments.

Glad to see they have a 6-axis gyro (ehhh?) and hope we as the end user see some benefit to it.

jhnstn00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Only US has Gyro from what I've seen

I guess all US versions of the phone have six-axis accelerometer. I havent read about this being present in original Galaxy S (European version). Can anyone confirm??

No, I think it was this website but it's down right now. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fwww.samsung.com%2Fsg%2Fhome&token=Co49FTL-

or this one under specs. http://galaxys.samsungmobile.com/

First time I heard of gyro was iphone, because Samsung never mentioned six-axis gyroscope in their Euro/Asia Galaxy S till AT&T announced their Galaxy S.

Last edited: