Bell Galaxy S Vibrant

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Any word on a release date for Bell and if they have any history of selling devices unlocked? I don't like how AT&T has gimped the Captivate so it doesn't compete with their little fruit fetish and would be interested in importing the phone the way it was meant to be.

Liscadipesce

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Bell has unofficially announced the release date for the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant through the contest they just started today.

Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant, powered by Android.

If you read the Rules and Regulations, it states that the contest runs between the dates of July 23, 2010 and August 6, 2010 and says it has 15 phones to giveaway.

If you read the Contest details, it says that it will give away one phone per day until the launch date.

Therefore, with 15 phones to give away and the contest ending August 6 at Midnight, the release date sounds like through careful calculations August 7.

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Cool. I am really liking the Captivate so far even without the front camera (and recently damaged screen :( ) so probably won't bother trying to import. I will still be interested in seeing how easily unlockable it is and how the front camera works over 3G.

anon(36240)

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on release day Friday from Best Buy. $99 on a three year term + $75 BB gift card.

I got student 40 250 mins w/ favorite 10 nationwide and a $30/6GB add-on.

The 6Gig add-on enables WiFi tethering.

This thing is awesome. The screen is unbelievably clear even outside.

Not too much bloatware but some. Also besides swype you get vlingo when you open the samsung apps folder.

Touchwiz is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I like that using the social hub you can add hotmail.

Also it come with the Nexus live wallpaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles