1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to set up individual ringtons

Tried to set up individual ringtones but the on line tutorials do not work. I go to contacts and hit menu button - lower left button - and there is suppose to be a tab for options - that is not there. Where am I going wrong.

Love the Captivate though. Just got it today

Opps - just saw the forum for the Captivate - I appologize
    Last edited by Reggie; 07-18-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

I can't figure it out either. There doesn't seem to be an option to do so.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default Possible bug?

No way to do it OOB, but got Ringdroid and it **appeared** to work (set up a ringtone, added the "Ringtone" field to the contact I wanted, etc), but when that contact called, still stock ringtone. I've sent an email to Samsung support to see if there's a reason this isn't working or if this is a possible buggie.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by PDAGuy View Post
    No way to do it OOB, but got Ringdroid and it **appeared** to work (set up a ringtone, added the "Ringtone" field to the contact I wanted, etc), but when that contact called, still stock ringtone. I've sent an email to Samsung support to see if there's a reason this isn't working or if this is a possible buggie.
    This is a real downer - please post your response - I will post on other forums

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

I was able to do it by saving the contact to the phone instead of the card. I then had an option to assign a ringtone.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Check out this thread in the captivate board, seems to be mostly figured out how to do this there: http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-ca...-ringtons.html