Armbands and cases.....

otto

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know of a decent armband case for the Galaxy S? I can't find any online and I would love to have one so I can take mine to the gym easier.

I'm loving my Vibrant. Best phone I have ever owned by far.

cmw6300

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an update on this? I'm picking up a Vibrant on Thursday and would like to use it on runs. Would it fit in a normal iPhone 3 or 4 armband case?

lillejord

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an update on this? I'm picking up a Vibrant on Thursday and would like to use it on runs. Would it fit in a normal iPhone 3 or 4 armband case?

Probably not, considering it is a bit larger than the iPhones. You could try something larger. Anything Galaxy S specific will be hard to find in the stores right now and there is nothing on Samsung's website right now so it might be a while.

Doyer

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Arkon has an armband that fits the Vibrant and Captivate:

SM-ARMBAND
Zo8gD.jpg
Hsotp.jpg

Arkon Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Samsung Galaxy S, T-Mobile Vibrant, ATT Captivate

Click on Products > Accessories.

It fits the Vibrant snuggly and you can see in the pic of the back that the top lip covers it. However, the headphone hole on the Vibrant is on the other side from the one on the lip. You can fit an L shaped jack under it, or cut your own hole, which isn't that big of a deal. The armband has reflective safety strips on it if you like to run or bike at night.

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, should work for the Epic, the hole is on that side for the Epic, only question would be whether the width difference would be too much.

ABMD

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Arkon Arm Band- dont get it !

I just opened my Arkon arm band and it does not go in easily- very tight fit and you cannot pull the top flap over the phone. Once the phone is in the holder it is very difficult to manage apps thru the clear plastic window due to the extreme tight fit and when you try to take the phone out its a mes..
The Arkon website does not tell the truth when they note it fits the Samsung Epic....
I hope they will return my purchase price and not expect me to pay for shipping it back to them.

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If it is any help (and it probably isn't, actually) I found my Galaxy S slipped very neatly into a marsupio I already had. Marsupio = front pouch, think Kangaroo, you may have a different word for it. Anyway, there's a fat pocket in front and a narrow one behind and the phone is slim enough to slide into that very comfortably. This would be true of most slim phones, I think. I'd be happy working out with that, I'm certainly happy carrying it all day.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc