Video chat doesnt work!!!!

shacknews

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
the only galaxy s phone with a front facing camera is the Epic 4g and thats capable of video chat i believe

The vibrant has a front facing camera.

I just got off tech support, they told me I have to add it on and pay extra to use video calling, WTF?!

Is there a program me and my gf can use to do it for free from our phones?

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
They didn't tell you that when you got the phone I bet. Does it say it is an add on in any contract you signed. Sounds like deceptive marketing because they don't say that in their commercials. They make it sound like it is part of the service for free. I would be really upset and talking to a lawyer if it was not clearly layed out in writing

Last edited:

shacknews

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
They didn't tell you that when you got the phone I bet. Does it say it is an add on in any contract you signed. Sounds like deceptive marketing because they don't say that in their commercials. They make it sound like it is pay of the service for free. I be real passed and talking to a lawyer if it was not clearly layed out in writing

They lied to us that theres no activation fee and that we would get early 6pm evenings and weekends for free. Also the guy said Video Calling worked straight out of the box and that it was free.

I am real mad about the whole thing. And we may go return the phones in about 3 hours.

Bell Canada sales reps really need to be more truthful, I honestly feel scammed.

shacknews

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Were going to return the phones. I am furious now...

We completely got ripped off. None of our plan info was on paper, and we just called up tech support and the plan the sales rep at The source for Bell totally ripped us off.

I hope that guy gets fired after I walk back in that store

lancing

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yah the cell phone companies in Canada are pretty crooked, the amount of illegal fradulant crap they get away with at times is unbeleivable. Unfortunately all three of the big players are like that.

Bell is always looking to make money off unlocking hardware features already built into your phone. I personally refuse to ever pay them for hardware features incorporated into my phone on principal.

Getting back to the topic of video chat though, from what I've gathered if you want video chat on Android you need to use 3rd party software. There is no built-in software for Android that will do it for you.

I noticed theres an app called Slipdroid that apparently can do it but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Realistically this is something Google should implement as a basic feature of the OS for hardware that support it. They could just provide a matching services that allow video calling over data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair