APN Settings

imdabold1

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Well after many an unsuccessful online search and fruitless back and forth with my wireless carrier I am tossing this one to the community. I can only hope that this can be resolved without any further heartache on my end...sigh...

I am having trouble setting up APNs for my Samsung Galaxy S to receive and send emails while on GPRS. I was able to find the APN settings for my carrier (LIME nee Cable & Wireless) online but for some reason it only works for internet access. As mentioned above I have sought assistance from the Reps at LIME but they were only able to confirm that the settings as programmed were correct.

My current settings are as follows:

APN Name: LIME
APN: wap
Proxy: 10.20.5.34
Port: 8799
User Name: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: Not Set
MMSC: Not Set
MMS Port: Not Set
MCC: 342
MNC: 600
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: Internet

If there are any other Android users on LIME networks that have successfully set up their phones to send emails, or anyone else who are in a position to provide guidance, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Thanks in advance.

GJ

Last edited:

imdabold1

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I just thought that I would post that the settings were found and my baby is up and kicking!

Much thanks to Psilos from Tech Jamaica!

Just in case there are any other LIME users out there, here you go!

APN Name: LIME
APN: internet
Proxy: Not Set
Port: 80
User Name: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: Not Set
MMSC: Not Set
MMS Port: Not Set
MCC: 342
MNC: 600
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: internet + mms

sexxy_baje

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I have tried the setting you suggested on my HTC Desire and I continue to get an error message. I too have am operating on LIME.

Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois