Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Receiving SMS Texts by Parts??

Had the Galaxy S for about 2 weeks now and loving it!

But one problem I've noticed is that I've been receiving longer SMS texts as parts... like for example on my phone I'd get 01/03 for the first part of the text, then I'd get 03/03 and then 02/03 or something like that. They're all part of the same text message, but I'm receiving them in 3 different parts...

Does anyone know if there's a setting where I can change this? Or an app that could correct this? I know this doesn't happen on BB's or iPhones..

Thanks!

Default Receiving SMS Texts by Parts??

SMS text messages can only be a maximum of 143 characters (pretty sure...if not exact, it's around 140-143 characters).
    If a message exceeds this length, it is broken up auatomatically and sent in as many parts as required.

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

im not yet the owner of a galaxy s but i do have the htc droid eris. we have had the same problem. download handcent from the market, free app., it will put the strings back together for you and also if you send long messages it will put them back together .