Kies Connectivity

sefco9

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hoping you guys will be able to help me?I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy s i9000GT?I installed Kies?I would like to use my phone as a modem?I have data communication active on my phone from my service provider Telenor?I am located in Pakistan..when I try to connect to the internet using Kies I have to select a network carrier(Telenor is not listed) I have the APN and port addresses along with username and password?I just switched over from a blackberry 9700?I love the i9000 but I really need help with this?

sefco9

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Soultion

Soultions found in PdaNet for Android!!! easy to install you can find it in the market. After installing it open it and connect via usb. There will be a prompt to download the drivers for a 32 bit or a 64 bit pc. I downloaded both becuase i have a 32bit and a 64bit system. After downloading it to my internal SDcard i moved the file(32bit version file name PdaNetA245 and PdaNetA245x64 for a 64 bit system)to my external SD card.
The reason for doing that was since i did not have Kies installed on my pc it would not be recognized. I used a SDcard slot on my laptop(i opened the back panel to remove the SDcard)after installing the drivers your simply instucted on the screen to follow the easy steps.
Steps to follow settings>>applications>>developers(you may receive a prompting you that by enabling this tab you will enter developer mode and be able to share data with your pc via usb)>>plug phone in to usb port and your done! easy way to share internet connection if your Kies dose not list your carrier in the internet connetions(read above post for details) on a personal not i acutlly sent an e-mail to Samsung and got a prompt responce. Samsung asked if i wantted to use my device to share internet connectivity. I answered the email almost a month ago and never heard from them.I also tried samsung pc studio(Almost all the versions) it wouldnt connect my phone. If anybody needs the instuctions on how to do this please ping me here of send me a message i will send you the documentation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae