Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Should I buy Samsung again?

I am one of the many unsatisfied, and thoroughly disappointed purchasers of the Galaxy S on Bell Mobility in Canada. I have had countless problems with this phone, and poor service even prior to the infamous 2.2 update causing the self destruction of the phone. My question is, when the Nexus S gets released in Canada, is it worth it? Does anyone else have problems with their Samsungs, or was the Bell version just a freak occurence, and not a true example of how Samsung manufactures their devices? Can you guys tell me how your experiences with your Samsung phones have been? I need to know if I should give them a break on this one, or stay away altogether.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by villanueva08 View Post
    I am one of the many unsatisfied, and thoroughly disappointed purchasers of the Galaxy S on Bell Mobility in Canada. I have had countless problems with this phone, and poor service even prior to the infamous 2.2 update causing the self destruction of the phone. My question is, when the Nexus S gets released in Canada, is it worth it? Does anyone else have problems with their Samsungs, or was the Bell version just a freak occurence, and not a true example of how Samsung manufactures their devices? Can you guys tell me how your experiences with your Samsung phones have been? I need to know if I should give them a break on this one, or stay away altogether.

Thanks.

I love my fascinate besides the updates. i was able to put different roms on and my phone was the smoothest phone i have used. This weekend i even bought a continuum.

But if you are unsatisfied i dont think you should purchase another.

i personally can't wait for the next samsung phone and i will get the next one as soon as its available. But thats me.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Good question. I would also like to here from all. I currently have a HTC desire and I am looking at the Nexus.

Thanks

I would if there were even an admission that the update process was mishandled and was a detriment to our experience. But there was never even a hint of communication. It was like we were a one night stand they wanted to forget. Maybe I got spoiled by Palm's communication. Even as they were failing, they were open with their customers, with frequent updates on how releases were going.

It's not like we didn't buy their flagship phone. It's not like we didn't spend premium phone money. And it's not like they did you right.

I wouldn't.

I'm done with samsung and I will be going back to HTC when my upgrade is due. I love the hardware but can't tolerate the software.

I won't.... the whole Kies thing is a joke. Especially for me as I don't own any Windoze PCs only Macs.