Why can't I get out of the recovery mode after trying to install ROM?

Keerthi Mukku

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Can't get out of the recovery mode after trying to install ROM.

Hi Guys,

I have rooted my s2 phone successfully using Jeboo kernel and odin and CWM-SuperSU.

Then I went onto installing Android lolliopop by following the instructions from an article.

I basically had to download Android 5.1.1 CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM onto my phone, go into the recovery mode and wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache. After a few minutes of confirming ROM installation, I got a message saying installation aborted.

Since then, no matter what I do, I go back to the recovery mode :( I've tried everything! I don't know what to do now! Can someone please help me!

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't get out of the recovery mode after trying to install ROM.

Are you 100% sure you have the correct rom for your model? Is your version of Cwm compatible with lollipop. (Latest version) have you tried a different recovery eg. TWRP? You could also try flash a different rom to see if it is an issue with the current rom. Could you post a pic or some details of the error message.

Keerthi Mukku

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't get out of the recovery mode after trying to install ROM.

Hi beagle82, thank you for the reply!

Sorry for getting back to you so late, I was busy with work. When you said 'Cwm version' are you referring to CWM-SuperSU?

I don't think I've installed CWM :/ I just checked what CWM SuperSU and it turns out that its just an app that changes access details for other apps.

I have no idea how to install a CWM at this stage :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000