Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Default Android Jellybean 4.1.2

So when do you think we'll get the 4.1.2 update? Are you guys looking forward to some of the extra features added by Samsung in this update? Or do you think it's just gimmicky features you won't use?

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Default Re: Android Jellybean 4.1.2

It'll probably be a while still. Took a few months after the international version started to get it before we got it.

You can check the following link for an up to date list of 4.1.2 deployment.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

What I look most forward to in 4.1.2 is battery life. I am told and I have seen that battery life has been VERY much improved in 4.1.2.
    But once feature I am very much looking foward to, which is the Photo Sphere, doesn't appear to be available until 4.2
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

It looks like that Telus (at least) have been testing it. However, they refused to tell me any time frame for 4.1.2 release. I hope it won't be mid 2013.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    It looks like that Telus (at least) have been testing it. However, they refused to tell me any time frame for 4.1.2 release. I hope it won't be mid 2013.
    Well if they are testing it, that's a good sign, hope it's out soon! Usually Telus is behind Rogers and Bell for upgrades, but maybe for once they will be ahead of the game. I look forward to it!

I just sent Telus an email, I guess the more pressure the better asking them an approx release date on JB 4.1.2 for the SGH-I747M
    I am sure I will get back the typical "There is no date avail" BS. But the more pressure the better.
    Last edited by mhinc; 01-21-2013 at 06:01 AM.
    Telus Mobility
    ---

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    Well if they are testing it, that's a good sign, hope it's out soon! Usually Telus is behind Rogers and Bell for upgrades, but maybe for once they will be ahead of the game. I look forward to it!

I just sent Telus an email, I guess the more pressure the better asking them an approx release date on JB 4.1.2 for the SGH-I747M
    I am sure I will get back the typical "There is no date avail" BS. But the more pressure the better.
    Also, I think this "testing" is BS... If the OS has been tested several times in several different service providers around the world already, Telus and others in Canada should not take this long to "test" it since they are already late to the party. Since they don't earn any money out of OS updates, they take soooo long to do it.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Interestingly enough, I requested the same for 4.1.1 and received the same type of reply "soon. Replied quoting all the world wide providers that had released already implying that TELUS was late getting into the game and seemed to be quite far behind. The update showed up the same week. So who knows maybe we will see it sooner rather than later...
    mhinc likes this.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Here is the official reply from Telus:

Hello Kevin,

I am happy to assist you with your inquiry; please be advised that TELUS is always working with manufacturers to provide software updates for our hardware. There is extensive testing involved with releasing an update, to ensure that the software will be fully compatible with our network and services.

For this reason, I am unable to confirm if or when this update will be made available for the Samsung Galaxy S3. I would recommend that you keep checking the support page for this model, where any update will be announced, at the following link:

Telus Mobility
    ---

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Okay it really sucks that Jelly Bean 4.1.2 is rolling out on the S2 international in some areas, BEFORE we are getting it on the S3 SGH-I747M
    Telus Mobility
    ---

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts

Here is the official reply from Telus:

Hello Kevin,

I am happy to assist you with your inquiry; please be advised that TELUS is always working with manufacturers to provide software updates for our hardware. There is extensive testing involved with releasing an update, to ensure that the software will be fully compatible with our network and services.

For this reason, I am unable to confirm if or when this update will be made available for the Samsung Galaxy S3. I would recommend that you keep checking the support page for this model, where any update will be announced, at the following link:

You can tell this guy is clueless. "I am unable to confirm if or when this update will be made available for the Samsung Galaxy S3."

We all know its coming - Just no idea when.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kb2755 View Post
    You can tell this guy is clueless. "I am unable to confirm if or when this update will be made available for the Samsung Galaxy S3."

We all know its coming - Just no idea when.
    Typical from Telus, they are always clueless.
    Telus Mobility
    ---
    dfdesign likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Honestly I would just relax when it comes to OS updates. There's no point in losing sleep over not having the absolute latest OS... it's not like your phone doesn't work if you don't have the latest OS.

I used to always want the latest OS... but then I changed when I realized a lot of times the obvious changes are actually really small. So when 4.1.2 comes.. it comes...

the delay is so that samsung can add the bloatware for american carriers and bell, rogers and telus.. and modify/restrict the os per the illegal wishes of these carriers .. when the carrier is satisfied that their crap is loaded and restrictions are in place, then Samsung is given the go ahead to push the update

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    Honestly I would just relax when it comes to OS updates. There's no point in losing sleep over not having the absolute latest OS... it's not like your phone doesn't work if you don't have the latest OS.

I used to always want the latest OS... but then I changed when I realized a lot of times the obvious changes are actually really small. So when 4.1.2 comes.. it comes...
    I normally don't care too much either, but I have been told the small changes from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 have made a HUGE difference in battery life
    Telus Mobility
    ---

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

I must admit that I haven't noticed veru much bloatware in the Telus update. Nothing compared to what all of my other devices had, and nowhere near as much as what I used to get with Rogers. I hope the update does have a battery improvement. Even though I can't imagine it will make enough difference that I will need to charge it minumum daily if not a few times a day.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

I'm not affected by Rogers bloatware either. I know there's a bunch of Rogers apps installed on the phone... but you can "disable" all of them so they aren't installed anymore. Now the only Rogers apps on my phone are the ones I want... which is pretty much only the "My Account" app.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bassmig View Post
    I must admit that I haven't noticed veru much bloatware in the Telus update. Nothing compared to what all of my other devices had, and nowhere near as much as what I used to get with Rogers. I hope the update does have a battery improvement. Even though I can't imagine it will make enough difference that I will need to charge it minumum daily if not a few times a day.
    I agree Telus did do a great job with next to nothing for bloatware
    Telus Mobility
    ---

I'm a bit late for the thread but whatever. I'm experiencing a problem where I get an error saying "No sim card detected. Insert sim card and restart your phone blahblahblah" I usually get it once every week and Rogers told me that it happens to some users sometimes when they lose connection to and can't find any other signals afterward. They said that 4.1.2 will fix the issue.

While I'm here, does anyone know of any good kernals to overclock the i747m GPU?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Beard View Post
    I'm a bit late for the thread but whatever. I'm experiencing a problem where I get an error saying "No sim card detected. Insert sim card and restart your phone blahblahblah" I usually get it once every week and Rogers told me that it happens to some users sometimes when they lose connection to and can't find any other signals afterward. They said that 4.1.2 will fix the issue.

While I'm here, does anyone know of any good kernals to overclock the i747m GPU?
    Start another thread man...

Any idea if this release will be fixed the issue with the drain battery??

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pavlito24 View Post
    Any idea if this release will be fixed the issue with the drain battery??
    There is no DRAIN BATTERY issue. Not sure where you came up with that term. Try some power saving features.
    BUT, it has been said that 4.1.2 does increase battery life.
    Telus Mobility
    ---

I have a SGS2 international version, after the update pushed via kies to 4.1.2 I enjoyed great battery life AFTER I wiped my device clean, did reinstall then reinstalled apps.
    Before that, battery life was 2-3 hrs! Really! Before i had 10-15 hrs heavy use.
    The only problem was mobile connectivity, after a bunch of searches, I came up with this that worked:

Manually configure APN settings
    You can create a new Access Point Network setting. Try the following.

From the Home screen, tap Menu.
    Tap Settings.
    Select Wireless and networks.
    Select Mobile networks.
    Select Access Point Names.
    Tap Menu.
    Tap New APN.
    Complete the following fields:
    Select Name. Type any name you want which will allow you to identify your connection (Example: TELUS 2011).
    Tap OK.
    Select APN.
    Type sp.telus.com
    Tap OK.
    Select Proxy.
    Type 74.49.0.18
    Tap OK.
    Select Port.
    Type 80.
    Tap OK.
    Tap Menu.
    Tap Save.
    From the Access Point Names screen, select the new APN you just created.
    Restart your smartphone.
    Your new Access Point is created.

This worked perfectly. All the others, turn wireless off, airplane mode, restart, whatever did NOT, this did.

GT I9100 international version, unlocked, on Telus (canada sim)
    4.1.2 official
    I9100 HMSI

I have a Samsung S3 from an Asian Carrier and one from Bell, the one running 4.1.2 and it is dramatically better on batter then my 4.1.1 Bell device. Hate the wait but it will be worth the upgrade.

Canadian telecom are always late with developments, that's why even if these carriers are charging incoming calls to your cellphones is a way weirder than anything else. Only Canada are taking advantage of their mobile users for charging the callers and receivers a fee for their mobile users. this has to be stop by taking simple actions. Once we get the updates on adnroid 4.1.2 in any networks in canada will keep you posted. please checkout our page

I am with Virgin and I just got the Android 4.1.2 upgrade!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast