Provider prices

vic_singh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can we now kick and scream at the price Rogers, Bell and Telus charging us?

I have the 6gb plan promo plan.

Any suggestions on plans?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I am with Telus, my plan is as follows:
-Unlimited local incoming and outgoing calls
-Unlimited local and international incoming and outgoing text messages including MMS
-Voice mail, call display and call waiting.
-1GB Data
$60.00 a month

It's all I need and coming off my old plan where I only got 500MB data, 200 minutes and 10 favs and I was paying 7 bucks more for the calls display and voicemail, so 67 total, I am happy with this pricing. The only thing that could have made it better, was if they said we could have 5 favs for anywhere in canada for long distance.

eigtball

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
6GB Super Plan from the Summer. Works for me. I'd keep your eyes open for sales on price plans. Best part is that you don't need a 3 year term anymore for the good plans. So get a Nexus 4 (IF you can) and sign up for a m2m plan and switch when the "premium" plans come out!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
6GB Super Plan from the Summer. Works for me. I'd keep your eyes open for sales on price plans. Best part is that you don't need a 3 year term anymore for the good plans. So get a Nexus 4 (IF you can) and sign up for a m2m plan and switch when the "premium" plans come out!

I am happy with me S3. And not sure about the others, but with Telus, they are actually pretty good about changing a plan, even while ON a 3 year contract. They allowed it and did it for me when I complained while I had my Blackberry. So I am sure they would work with me again considering I have been a customer for over 10 years.

leanneleg

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Telus and my plan pretty much rocks.... I have unlimited Nationwide calling, 5 gig shared data, Unlimited messaging, caller id/vm 3 for $60.00
And when I got my S3 before Christmas it was 0.00 on a 3 year contract, plus i got a 125.00 gift card from Best Buy.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Telus and my plan pretty much rocks.... I have unlimited Nationwide calling, 5 gig shared data, Unlimited messaging, caller id/vm 3 for $60.00
And when I got my S3 before Christmas it was 0.00 on a 3 year contract, plus i got a 125.00 gift card from Best Buy.

Leanne, where are you located? Telus Ontario or out West? If you are in Ontario, and got that price I am calling to and MOAN! That is for damn sure! I also made an error above, I pay 70 a month not 60 for what I have! Did they give you some crazy SAVE plan not to goto another provider? Damit I should have fought harder, now that I am locked they won't care!

leanneleg

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm in BC. I got this plan for 3 of my lines.... I was able to add the tablet share for my iPad for 15 so I have 15 gigs of data for 3 phones and an iPad....

I talked really nicely to L&R....

Last edited:

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
With Telus I currently have the following. I work 9-5 and have Wi-Fi access at work and at home, I have never even come close to my limits.

1GB data
fav 10
unlimitted messaging
caller id/voicemail 10
200 daytime minutes
30 long distance
5PM evening and weekends

for $50 on 2 lines.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
With Telus I currently have the following. I work 9-5 and have Wi-Fi access at work and at home, I have never even come close to my limits.

1GB data
fav 10
unlimitted messaging
caller id/voicemail 10
200 daytime minutes
30 long distance
5PM evening and weekends

for $50 on 2 lines.

That is pretty much my old plan on my Blackberry.

I'm in BC. I got this plan for 3 of my lines.... I was able to add the tablet share for my iPad for 15 so I have 15 gigs of data for 3 phones and an iPad....

I talked really nicely to L&R....

I think a lot to do with it is you are in BC and have 3 lines. Where I just have 1, makes a big difference. I would love the free anytime nationwide calling though!

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I am with Telus, my plan is as follows:
-Unlimited local incoming and outgoing calls
-Unlimited local and international incoming and outgoing text messages including MMS
-Voice mail, call display and call waiting.
-1GB Data
$60.00 a month

It's all I need and coming off my old plan where I only got 500MB data, 200 minutes and 10 favs and I was paying 7 bucks more for the calls display and voicemail, so 67 total, I am happy with this pricing. The only thing that could have made it better, was if they said we could have 5 favs for anywhere in canada for long distance.

I have the same plan here.... I think it will be enough for most people.

- - - Updated - - -

1GB data
fav 10
unlimitted messaging
caller id/voicemail 10
200 daytime minutes
30 long distance
5PM evening and weekends

for $50 on 2 lines.

Wow... now this is a great plan... I should talk to them...

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the same plan here.... I think it will be enough for most people.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... now this is a great plan... I should talk to them...

I think I would rather have the unlimited local calling over the 10 favs if I had the choice of one or the other. BOTH would be amazing!
But in this case. I like my unlimited local incoming and outgoing calling.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
SaskTel:

Unlimited data throttled after 10GB
Unlimited local calling
150 minutes of long distance
Unlimited texting
Call display

$65/month

I'm not sure how some of you can get by with a 1GB plan for data. I've been over that threshold every month since I've got this phone.

pirate416

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I am with Virgin Mobile on a month-to-month basis (no contract):

2 GB data
Unlimited Canada-wide calling
Unlimited text and picture messages worldwide
Call display and voicemail 10

$57 per month

My younger brother is with Wind Mobile and has unlimited everything on his S3 for $30 a month, but he admits that the service is dodgy.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I am with Virgin Mobile on a month-to-month basis (no contract):

2 GB data
Unlimited Canada-wide calling
Unlimited text and picture messages worldwide
Call display and voicemail 10

$57 per month

My younger brother is with Wind Mobile and has unlimited everything on his S3 for $30 a month, but he admits that the service is dodgy.

That is the ONLY reason I didn't go with Wind, especially in the Niagara Falls area. They just don't have the coverage yet, I figure in 3 years either Telus will HAVE to compete. Or Wind will be even better and I can switch upon next contract update. Wind and I believe SPRINT are going to be merging and that should bring even BETTER packages.
We shall see. The big boys ( Rogers, Telus and Bell ) Better step up with some better packages soon or wind is going to take over when they get better coverage.

sean_jahn

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
We just recently got Bell and other providers in the Northern Ontario area. We signed up with a promo plan in December...this is what we get:
- Unlimited Canada Wide Calling
- Unlimited local/long distance minutes
- No roaming charges in Canada
- Unlimited international and local picture/video/txt's
- 6 Gb of Data
- Call Display, Call Waiting and Voicemail 25
- 10 hours per month of mobile TV (does not count towards your data)
For $50.00 a month.

We recently moved to a new province and the bell store told us that we could get a local number but couldn't keep the plan...so we said forget it and kept our numbers and plans. For the same plan in another city was $115 per month. NO THANKS!...lol

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Rogers-

200 anytime minutes
unlimited evenings and weekends
unlimited texting picture messaging etc
caller id and voicemail
3 gigs of data
my 10

73 bucks a month plus taxes and fees.

Wilfred Cheung

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. It didn't mentioned the S3 for Fido. But I got a nice plan today thought I'd share

300 daytime minutes
400MB LTE Data
unlimited evening (6pm) and weekend
unlimited text (international)
voice msg/ caller ID

$40month on 2 year contract (no 911, no access fee)
$5/200MB extra data

The S3 costs $100, but the store guy waived it so I got the phone for free

Momof2NL

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
My plan

Fab 10 Promo 65 - 36M
200 anytime local minutes
Unlimited nights (6 p.m. - 7 a.m.) and weekends (6 p.m. Friday - 7 a.m. Monday)
Message Centre & Call Display
National Fab 10 - Text & Talk
Text Messaging - Unlimited Package
Unlimited Picture and Video Messaging
Basic Long Distance Rate
Email & Internet 1GB Flex
Mobile TV included - $5 value

$65 a month and its not a bad package. Better than I had with my Blackberry. I'm upgrading my phone soon and will be keeping this package. I don't think its offered anymore.

Tony_YYZ

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Rogers

300 Daytime Minutes
Unlimited Incoming Calls
Unlimited Evenings/Weekends @ 5pm
Unlimited Network Calling (Rogers, Fido, Rogers Home Phone)
1000 Canadian Long Distance Minutes
My5
Call Display, Voicemail
Unlimited Text Messaging
6GB Data

$65 AFTER tax.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000