Rogers Anyplace TV- ???

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, can someone explain to me why Rogers Anyplace TV is incompatible with my S3?
I couldn't get it to work so I thought it was ME, after calling Rogers twice and going to two separate stores, I was told that it wasn't ME that was doing something wrong, but it is indeed incompatible...Any commercials that Rogers airs for Anyplace TV HAS the Samsung Note and Galaxy 3 yet, both units are NOT compatible...
The 3 is the most popular phone in Canada right now, why is it not compatible...
Does this make any sense? on any level?

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok there's two things here... there's the ability to transfer what you are watching on TV to your tablet...

Then there's the app that allows you to stream Rogers TV channels to your phone? I've used this second app on my SGS3 without problems.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Rogers Anyplace TV:
Completely FREE to register & watch your favourite shows & movies?
Create your own playlist & catch up on your favourite shows
Watch on your favourite devices; PC, Tablet, selected Smartphones & Xbox 360

I just checked their website http://www.rogers.com/web/content/AnyplaceTV and found their eligible devices list, which DOES indeed list the Note and the Galaxy SIII as eligible devices.
So maybe you should give Rogers a call back and ask why the the Note and SIII is listed on their site as compatible, yet it's NOT working and why 2 reps have told you otherwise. False advertising.

List_zps8917a5f0.jpg

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's false advertising... because as I've said I've watched Rogers TV on my SGS3 with their app.

No you are correct, I shouldn't have worded that the way I did. But there is still the fact that JeniferF is stating she has called on 2 occasions, spoke to 2 different agents, and both are telling her that the Note 1 and the S3 are NOT compatible. YET, it clearly states on their website both are.
So my suggestion JeniferF, is to call back and refer Rogers to their OWN site for the compatibility list, and also make mention you have spoke to others such as Crester, that have successfully got it working on their S3.

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
It IS Rogers anyplace TV..and they just sent me and email over the weekend advertising it, and yet it wasn't compatible...so, yes I am going to call again later today...

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Oddly, I just checked and it is now available! Of course it is still crappy that I've had my phone for 4 months and it was advertised THEN that Anyplace TV was compatible, and it just is as of this week???

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Jennifer... I've used Rogers AnyPlace app MONTHS ago... it didn't just become compatible today.. .lol
On a Galaxy 3?
That's crazy, every Rogers person I've spoken to and what not ALL told me it wasn't compatible...and my phone wouldn't do it...
Can you answer me this then? On the commercials its says Anyplace tv is FREE to Rogers customers, but now it says $5 a month...

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If I remember correctly they do offer free TV programming... but that's only for certain channels. You need to pay for additional channels.

I deleted the app eventually because there wasn't a lot of shows available for free that really interested me.

CityTV also has an app which allows you to watch some of their TV shows.