Sammy Galaxy S3 - Insufficient Internal Memory Error

Matzel_27

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a serious problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3. I can't update some of my existing apps or download new (some) new apps. Plenty of storage available as far as I can tell, but I get an 'Insufficient internal memory' message. I am not exactly a techie but I emptied (app) cache (1 tap cleaner) and uninstalled a few seldomly used apps to free up space. No luck. :-(

Screenshot_2013-01-13-12-40-32.png

This is a 2 month old work phone, so rooting is out of the question. That said, frustration is great.
This seems to be a wide spread problem across multiple versions of Android OS. Any and all help would be appreciated.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what to tell you at this point, it would appear you have plenty of internal room to update and install new apps. Since it's a work phone, what about warranty? Only 2 months old can you get a spare and have them ship to Samsung for RMA?

Matzel_27

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
That'll be my next step.
I was really hoping to be able to get past this issue somehow, but there seems to be no easy fix for this.

What worries me is the fact that this is not an isolated case by the looks of it. I love my SGS3 for many reasons, but I am not on for a repeat of this crap...

Matzel_27

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
After visiting my local Telus dealer, following the CSR's advice, I have just performed a hard reset. I backed up contacts and email account info. Everything else was installed from scratch... So far, so good. As long as you do not see another update, the solutions worked.

:)

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
After visiting my local Telus dealer, following the CSR's advice, I have just performed a hard reset. I backed up contacts and email account info. Everything else was installed from scratch... So far, so good. As long as you do not see another update, the solutions worked.

:)

I just came on to suggest you do that. Ha ha glad it's working, let us know if it happens again.

JoJoJo_Alan

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
this has happened to me a second time now and i'm getting increasingly frustrated seeing as this is my second handset, the first one died completely another S3 fault!, last time i did a factory reset but i don't want to do it yet again, any suggestions?!

Matzel_27

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
<Knocking on wood> ... my S3 is still working fine with no further problems.

I know a hard reset is quite a bit of work, but I have to admit that the phone is set up better this time around because I took the opportunity to switch some things around.

JonsoNuts

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I too received the Insufficient Memory. I looked at my device storage and it shows that the 'Miscellaneous Files' are the culprit. It takes up 8.19Gb. My available device space is 609MB. My SD Card Memory shows 10.01GB of Available Space. 14.62GB Total Space. How do I make my device memory "not so full"? I've had my s3 since December if that even helps out a little.

likearvie

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sammy Galaxy S3 - Internal Memory

my samsung galaxy s3 mini have 16GB , but when i transfer files to my phone, and plug in to the computer, in only shows 17.8MB
i thought its 16GB , i cant use my internal memory, thats why i buyed an sd card. 8Gb.
now im using SDcard 8GB , but i want to use my 16 GB internal memory.

can someone help me? Thanks ..

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem. so sad.. i cant fix it. guys please help. i cant attach photos and cant open my music player. i've checked the downloaded files, ive deleted everything but its still the same.

scynz1

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
My SGS3 was plagued with this problem for months but I have finally found the answer on another forum. Basically it's a huge log file which keeps building up. The fix is incredibly simple after all that frustrating searching :)

"You don't have to root your phones to fix this problem. Just dial *#9900# on the phone and then select from menu - delete dumpstate/logcat. I tested this solution on my SGS2 and it works. "
Credit to damianoz here

Aliboywp

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Your post just made my life easier. I have 570MB with almost nothing on my phone, I deleted almost everything. After dialing that code I now have just under 4GB:):cool:

Marc van der Linden

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
This solution did not work for me on my S3 mini :( I even rebooted my S3 mini. But still, after complete download, it wants to begin the install, and than stops with "Error: out of space" :(:':)':)(

P Droiddily

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
i am having this problem also

i wanted to download whatsapp plus app for my sgs3 mini - so i downloaded the apk from off market site and lowwed the intsructions given which were:

back up conversation and uninstall whatsapp - which i did - then when i go to install the whatsapp plus apk from my downloads it says:

out of space ?? i have a 32gb sd card with 25gb free - and internal storage is absolutely fine too - with over 2gb free

ive downloaded the "one click cache cleaner app as suggested above (strangely this installed with no problems?) i used this to clear all my cache and tried to install whatsapp plus again - same message - out of space

i then tried to download and install the original whatsapp - again same message - out of space

ive also tried to delete the "dumpstate/logcat" usuing the method above - again no joy - out of space

ive rebooted several yimes also - nothing is working?

please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad