Profile settings for text notifications/vibration problems. Frustrating.

loganwamon

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I've had my GS3 for some time now and I used to be happy with the profile settings but not too long ago I started having issues. I used to have it so that when it was in silent mode it would be silent, vibrate mode it would vibrate for everything, and normal mode there would just be sound for everything, nothing else. That was perfect for me but now I can't keep the vibration setting independent from the sound profile. When I have it in vibrate mode, it won't vibrate when I get a text. I can solve this by going into messaging>settings>vibrate but then when I go into my normal sound profile (where I like to have just sound) it vibrates! It's really been frustrating me, especially since it just seemed to start happening for no reason. I tried a system restore once and it didn't seem to do anything. I also sampled a couple of third party profile apps to see if they would help but they didn't. Is this just how all GS3s behave now or is there a way to fix this?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I've had my GS3 for some time now and I used to be happy with the profile settings but not too long ago I started having issues. I used to have it so that when it was in silent mode it would be silent, vibrate mode it would vibrate for everything, and normal mode there would just be sound for everything, nothing else. That was perfect for me but now I can't keep the vibration setting independent from the sound profile. When I have it in vibrate mode, it won't vibrate when I get a text. I can solve this by going into messaging>settings>vibrate but then when I go into my normal sound profile (where I like to have just sound) it vibrates! It's really been frustrating me, especially since it just seemed to start happening for no reason. I tried a system restore once and it didn't seem to do anything. I also sampled a couple of third party profile apps to see if they would help but they didn't. Is this just how all GS3s behave now or is there a way to fix this?

Did this start after the 4.1.1 update by chance?

loganwamon

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I think I had been running 4.1.1 since the update became available, and this issue only just started a couple/few weeks ago. I'm also using Nova Launcher Prime, which I thought may have been the culprit, but I don't recall it not working right after I started using Nova either. I tried backing everything up and doing a factory reset but it didn't seem to help.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have this same frustrating issue, and yes it occurred immediately after the 4.1.1 update on 1/3/13

Mine would not stop turning itself back on. BYE BYE Facebook! Deleted it from my phone, I don't need it there, nor do I care for it to be there. Problem Solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech