Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhinc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default drain battery issue Rogers S3 I747M

Hi everyone

I have had my rogers Galaxy S3 Model I747M since last Sep 2012.But since last Dec 2012 (I think so) I'm looking for a solution for the drain baterry specialty in overnights.I did the reset factory but nothing happens, the battery still drain at night, the cellphone is all time Awake. Never is in stanby or when I left it in standby the battery continue working normally

I read and check a lot of websites but still I looking for the solution. So I have to wait for the upgrade??
    Do any of you experience the same?
    Any suggestions?

Samsung Galaxy S3 I747M - Rogers

Default Re: drain battery issue Rogers S3 I747M

How much is your battery draining overnight? I keep mine in airplane mode and it drains only 1-2% overnight.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

From 100% to 30% at least in only 7 or 8 hours... Me too I keep in airplane mode but this is not a solution I think

Maybe there's some fault with the device, try taking the phone to Samsung and replacing it.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Don't be so quick to fault the device... there's probably some app that's keeping the phone active.

Post a screenshot of your battery screen.

Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    Don't be so quick to fault the device... there's probably some app that's keeping the phone active.

Post a screenshot of your battery screen.
    Pavlito24 already said he did a factory reset but even that didn't fix the problem so there's no question of an app causing the problem.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

It would still be nice to see that Battery screen.

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    It would still be nice to see that Battery screen.
    I agree with Crestor. Just because one says they did something doesn't mean that is the case. I am sure he did factory reset. But who knows what was installed again after said reset.
    Take a screen shot of your battery screen so we can all see
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks to everybody for the responses. Here the pics..

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

LOL... taking a screenshot doesn't literally mean getting a camera and taking a picture of the screen of your phone...

Just swype the edge of your hand from right to left across your screen and the phone will save a picture of your screen to your phone.

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts

Ummm not seeing the problem here either way? 21 hours on once charge for the standard 2100 mAh battery is pretty damn good!
    Telus Mobility
    ---
    crester likes this.

dude you most be alot of bg running while the data or wifi it on, when there off you should be fine. but if you don't look into it when you connect internet it going be running on the bg all the time to find out you need dw app call cpu spy plus and see how many % it your deep sleep mode
    Here my
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlito24 View Post
    Hi everyone

I have had my rogers Galaxy S3 Model I747M since last Sep 2012.But since last Dec 2012 (I think so) I'm looking for a solution for the drain baterry specialty in overnights.I did the reset factory but nothing happens, the battery still drain at night, the cellphone is all time Awake. Never is in stanby or when I left it in standby the battery continue working normally

I read and check a lot of websites but still I looking for the solution. So I have to wait for the upgrade??
    Do any of you experience the same?
    Any suggestions?

Samsung Galaxy S3 I747M - Rogers
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    Ummm not seeing the problem here either way? 21 hours on once charge for the standard 2100 mAh battery is pretty damn good!
    Mhinc, I appreciate your time for the responses, thanks!!!

21 hours that you saw in the picture, even my I saw it, but this is false because the battery drain so fast, I can use at most 4 or 5 hours and then plugged in. 21 hs is a big lie!!.
    Anyway, the day before yesterday I charged the battery 100% I pulled out the SD memory card and I fall asleep, I check the % when I woke up and the battery was in 94% That was great for my only use 6% in 8hours with wifi on. Last night I insert the Sd card again, I woke up 10 minutes ago and the battery is in 35%,(65% in 8hs) so I think I have some problem with the memory card, at least I found a solution!! I pulled out the memory and the battery it is working normally.

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pavlito24 View Post
    Mhinc, I appreciate your time for the responses, thanks!!!

21 hours that you saw in the picture, even my I saw it, but this is false because the battery drain so fast, I can use at most 4 or 5 hours and then plugged in. 21 hs is a big lie!!.
    Anyway, the day before yesterday I charged the battery 100% I pulled out the SD memory card and I fall asleep, I check the % when I woke up and the battery was in 94% That was great for my only use 6% in 8hours with wifi on. Last night I insert the Sd card again, I woke up 10 minutes ago and the battery is in 35%,(65% in 8hs) so I think I have some problem with the memory card, at least I found a solution!! I pulled out the memory and the battery it is working normally.
    False Reporting? Wow that's a new one.....Also the Memory Card causing battery drain is a new one as well. Try a different memory card to make sure it's not a short in the MicroSD slot, and if it has the same issues with a different fresh card then I think it's time to contact Samsung for warranty!
    Telus Mobility
    ---
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Thanks!! I will try and after that I let them know what has happened