Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Locations of Serial Number

Hi,
    I've had my phone stolen, and unfortunately I wasn't prepared. Meaning, the only number I need, is the only number I don't have: the serial number. It's located on the phone only, to my understanding, and I no longer have the phone.
    Now, Samsung Canada advised that it might show up on the receipt...does anyone know for sure? It's kind of unlikely that I still have the receipt, but sometimes I keep things like that. They also advised me that the IMEI code is different than the serial number.
    Other than that...does anyone on the forum know where else the serial number might be kept?
    Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Default Re: Locations of Serial Number

It should be on the box the phone came in. I am a pack rat and keep everything.

*Edit* I just checked the box and it is not there. Your provider should have it or Samsung for that matter.
    Last edited by bassmig; 02-21-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

Default Re: Locations of Serial Number

Quote Originally Posted by ensquared View Post
    Hi,
    I've had my phone stolen, and unfortunately I wasn't prepared. Meaning, the only number I need, is the only number I don't have: the serial number. It's located on the phone only, to my understanding, and I no longer have the phone.
    Now, Samsung Canada advised that it might show up on the receipt...does anyone know for sure? It's kind of unlikely that I still have the receipt, but sometimes I keep things like that. They also advised me that the IMEI code is different than the serial number.
    Other than that...does anyone on the forum know where else the serial number might be kept?
    Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it
    The only place your SN is on the phone is in ABOUT PHONE and under the battery.
    Did you register your phone on Samsung.ca? If not, you should have the day you got it.
    Otherwise there's not much you can do except call your provider and have them brick your phone so the thief can't use it.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---