S3 email notifications not working

Wayne Perry

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi have been trying to get notifications to work for all email accounts with no luch
I have set the notification under settings>sounds>default notifications and picked my sound that I downloaded.
I have also set the same for all email accounts under settings>email>settings>general preferences but cant get any sound when an email comes in
I tried 2 different sounds with no luck

any ideas??

pirate416

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem as well. Swipe your finger down the screen to open up the Notification Centre. Where the boxes are on top (screen rotation, blue tooth, etc.) click on 'sync'.

Aniruddha Pramanick

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to sync my email to recive email nitcification but its not syncing. the gmail app which I use with the sme id tht gmail app and as well as another yahoo app working fine. also gives notifications but not email of my phone. what should i do?

goldylochs

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My email notifications is no longer working either. Its been fine up until last week. All my settings are correct I don't know what they've done

Vince H

May 30, 2013
Visit site
pirate416I - had this problem as well. Swipe your finger down the screen to open up the Notification Centre. Where the boxes are on top (screen rotation, blue tooth, etc.) click on 'sync'.
This worked. Thank you.

JulieK77

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue...email notifications are not showing up in my notification panel. When I swipe the screen down, I don't have an option for sync. However, I have gone into settings for my email and synced it to the current date and time. Not only are my new emails not showing up in the notification panel, but they aren't even showing up when I go directly into my email accounts via my phone. I am receiving new messages; however, as I can get them by logging into my desktop. Thanks much for any assistance.

Jonny Diamond

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
On the home screen in the top left hand corner, if you have an i in a circle with a bar through it, it means all your notifications are turned off. Swipe the full length of the screen, there you will find the Notification icon, please make sure it is illuminated (ON)

Lance Corona

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After you've gone into Gmail; Settings' your account & checked Notifications & Sync Gmail do this:
Exit from Gmail & go into Manage apps. Scroll down to Gmail & open. Make sure Show notifications is checked.
Let us know if that does it for you.:)

mikeyd164

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
i was not getting any email notifications at all unless i physically went in my email and refreshed . but i fixed it and heres how: first i went into settings and then app. manager, i totally removed my account (force stop,clear data and clear cache).then i went back to the e-mail app. i have hotmail but instead of hitting the windows live icon i re-entered my account under "others" on the list,( I DID NOT USE THE WINDOWS LIVE ICON !) and then i proceeded as usual with the the e-mail info (user name and password) then i went into the e-mail settings and put in my notification tone under both ,the general preferences and the "added accounts" (someone@ hotmail.com) and that did the trick ,ive been getting my notifications ever since, hope this helps! p.s. REMEMBER , ADD YOUR ACCOUNT UNDER "OTHERS"

Last edited:

Cammie Griffin

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
OMG MikeyD164!! It totally worked. I just got this phone and was about to give up already!! Thank you! I greatly appreciate it!! Windows Live needs to get their ish together!!!
:D

Salad Bar

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
for what its worth, my wife has been having this issue for several weeks. We finally decided to reset the device due to this and a few other quarks with the phone. After the reset and the initial setup with the gmail account it still did not notify or make a sound on new emails. Also would not auto sync.

Ended up deleting the Gmail account and re-adding it to get it to work. One other item was Notifications was set to Block on the application notifications under Sounds and Notifications.

Go to Settings\Sounds and Notifications\Applications Notifications\Gmail and turn Block to OFF.

Good luck!

milaia_ia

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
What I did I reset my telephone to the factory settings. Now it is working fine. Nothing else helped.
(I used site " How to Reset a Samsung Galaxy S3: 15 Steps" , found it through google.)
Of course, after reset, I had to log in into my hotmail account again. That step is important, because then it will show new email notifications.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63