Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikeyd164
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 email notifications not working

Hi have been trying to get notifications to work for all email accounts with no luch
    I have set the notification under settings>sounds>default notifications and picked my sound that I downloaded.
    I have also set the same for all email accounts under settings>email>settings>general preferences but cant get any sound when an email comes in
    I tried 2 different sounds with no luck

any ideas??

Default Re: S3 email notifications not working

I had this problem as well. Swipe your finger down the screen to open up the Notification Centre. Where the boxes are on top (screen rotation, blue tooth, etc.) click on 'sync'.

Question Re: S3 email notifications not working

I've tried to sync my email to recive email nitcification but its not syncing. the gmail app which I use with the sme id tht gmail app and as well as another yahoo app working fine. also gives notifications but not email of my phone. what should i do?

My email notifications is no longer working either. Its been fine up until last week. All my settings are correct I don't know what they've done

Drop down your Notification bar and make sure Notifications have not been turned off by accident.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

pirate416I - had this problem as well. Swipe your finger down the screen to open up the Notification Centre. Where the boxes are on top (screen rotation, blue tooth, etc.) click on 'sync'.
    This worked. Thank you.

I am having the same issue...email notifications are not showing up in my notification panel. When I swipe the screen down, I don't have an option for sync. However, I have gone into settings for my email and synced it to the current date and time. Not only are my new emails not showing up in the notification panel, but they aren't even showing up when I go directly into my email accounts via my phone. I am receiving new messages; however, as I can get them by logging into my desktop. Thanks much for any assistance.

Go into Settings scroll down to Accounts. Tap on your email and make sure it is set to Sync.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
    Thanked by:

On the home screen in the top left hand corner, if you have an i in a circle with a bar through it, it means all your notifications are turned off. Swipe the full length of the screen, there you will find the Notification icon, please make sure it is illuminated (ON)

After you've gone into Gmail; Settings' your account & checked Notifications & Sync Gmail do this:
    Exit from Gmail & go into Manage apps. Scroll down to Gmail & open. Make sure Show notifications is checked.
    Let us know if that does it for you.

i was not getting any email notifications at all unless i physically went in my email and refreshed . but i fixed it and heres how: first i went into settings and then app. manager, i totally removed my account (force stop,clear data and clear cache).then i went back to the e-mail app. i have hotmail but instead of hitting the windows live icon i re-entered my account under "others" on the list,( I DID NOT USE THE WINDOWS LIVE ICON !) and then i proceeded as usual with the the e-mail info (user name and password) then i went into the e-mail settings and put in my notification tone under both ,the general preferences and the "added accounts" (someone@ hotmail.com) and that did the trick ,ive been getting my notifications ever since, hope this helps! p.s. REMEMBER , ADD YOUR ACCOUNT UNDER "OTHERS"
    Last edited by mikeyd164; 11-11-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Cammie Griffin likes this.

Thumbs up Re: S3 email notifications not working

OMG MikeyD164!! It totally worked. I just got this phone and was about to give up already!! Thank you! I greatly appreciate it!! Windows Live needs to get their ish together!!!