1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Ford Touch

Thought i would start a thread here?
    Anyone been successful getting the sync to read out load their incoming text messages.
    I am with Sasktel....which I believe is Bell's phone?

Also a thread to start with tips and tricks for pairing theirs phones to FordSync

Default Re: My Ford Touch

I have an Edge 2012 and there is no problem reading out loud when you receive the message. You get approx. 3 seconds to press listen and then it will play it. After that you need to be stopped to read them. They will not replay out loud or at least haven't figured it out yet.

One of the problems I do have is that sometimes I can play my music through the USB and sometimes only through Bluetooth as it says that it doesn't recognize the USB device plugged. I need to unplug and replug and most of the time that seems to work for the USB detection. It's very random.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ya I have an 2013 F150.....message saying "text messge not supported"
    Trying to figure out is it a 1) phone problem 2)carrier problem 3)ROM problem??

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

I had a 2013 Ford Fusion rental for a weekend, and I was able to set up my S3 no problems to read texts, tell me incoming calls etc.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have tried numerous times!? No go....An iphone can when i turn on "show notifications" in the bluetooth settings....That doesnt exist with the galaxy?>
    What did you do differrently? Something to do with the bluetooth MAP

Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    I had a 2013 Ford Fusion rental for a weekend, and I was able to set up my S3 no problems to read texts, tell me incoming calls etc.
    How did you manage to get your S3 to read texts? I have a 2013 Mercedes B-Class and it won't read texts. I thought it was trhe car, but if you've set up your S3 to read texts, I would like to know how.

Thanks.

I just got a Samsung s4, upgrading from iphone 5. I have 2011 with my ford touch. when plugging in my phone via usb it tells me that the software doesn't support it. I never had a problem playing music with iphone but can seem to get my new phone to play the music. any ideas?

Mine does it sometimes. I think it's because you need to enter your password in your phone. Sometimes it works because I entered it before I got in the car and before the 30 minutes on the phone to ask for it again. That is why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's the same when you connect it to your PC.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AC Forums mobile app