Hardbricked my phone! if i send it in to my local shop where i bought it, will they know?

Dean Franks1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
like the title says, I hardbricked my phone, and my dad says they can use programs there to see if there is custom firmware on it, even though it is completely bricked and wont do a damn thing. I was wondering if this is true, because it would be quite embarassing..

thanks for any help that is given!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
like the title says, I hardbricked my phone, and my dad says they can use programs there to see if there is custom firmware on it, even though it is completely bricked and wont do a damn thing. I was wondering if this is true, because it would be quite embarassing..

thanks for any help that is given!

If they happened to care, yes it's possible to figure it out on some devices. On yours in particular, it'd be hard to know whether they'll get a heartbeat or not. If you're trying to have it repaired and they're successful, and they care to look, and they have the tools, yes.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Would I get in trouble, or have to pay for the repair?

You won't get in trouble, depending on your agreement you might have to pay for repairs. Again, that's if they can get it to turn on, if they care if it has a custom firmware, if they have the tools to detect it, etc. Lots of '"if"'s in that.