Crazy Battery Problems with S3

kpelc

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Galaxy S3 for just over half a year, and recently have started having multiple crazy battery problems. Google search showed me people who had one problem or another, but not a bunch of them together like I'm experiencing.

1) The battery drains obnoxiously fast, much much faster than it used to, with no use. The phone also heats up a considerable amount in the back.
2) While the phone is plugged in to a charger, it either charges verrrry slowly, or loses percentage on the charger. I can plug it in at for example 20% and it will power off not much later because the battery is drained......except its plugged in and shows that is is charging!
3) At times the phone discharges quickly, down to 1%, and then from 1% climbs back up slowly, to anywhere from 40% to the mid 70%'s, and then discharges back down.

Is my battery fried? If I do indeed get a new one, is there a way I can prevent this from happening again??
If it is not the battery, what in the hell is going on?

Someone please help this is beginning to be a real frustration.
:(:(:(:(:(

AndroidCanuck

May 31, 2013
Visit site
How often do you do a complete power restart? That may be the only way on a stock phone to remove rogue process(es) that may be the source of rapid battery drain.