Screen Not Cracked, but not working.

stevy50

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey, the screen on my phone is not projecting anything but the upper 1/3 of the image (minus the left 1/4 of that third) and everything else is black. The upper third that I can see, is off color. The screen is not cracked anywhere, but the actual projection will not work properly. What could be causing this? I'm not sure if this is just a broken part that I need to get replaced, or a connector that was jostled loose, or something else. I CAN still use the phone, even on the parts that I cannot see, everything seems to be working.

I'm on contract with Bell for 2 more years, and I have only had the phone for just UNDER a year (still have receipts). Is it likely that I can get it replaced? Or will it cost an arm and a leg to get it fixed? I'm not under the premium coverage, and I know they are unlikely to cover anything they can call "wear and tear" but I thought I'd ask for opinions. Maybe it would be better to get some type of screen replacement kit off amazon? Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

-Steve

PS - I just realized if I squeeze the phone from back to front on both sides, the bottom portion of the screen will start to work with the same bad colors as the upper portion of the screen, and the image stay stuck on the screen if I let go. So, it seems like there is a connection issue, as the screen will still project to the bottom half, (when I stop squeezing the phone, the connection is lost)

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
What I would do first is check to see if you're still under warranty with Bell. I had a similar issue with one of the phones on my account and since I was under warranty, I was able to get it replaced for free. If you're not under warranty (and you're comfortable doing this), then you can go ahead and try to fix it yourself. I would personally be too nervous fixing it on my own though.....lol