1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default All notifications/ringtones are stuck on silent

S3, 4.1.2

Sound mode on
    All volume sliders maxed out

I go to settings>sound>device ringtone and it says silent.

I select it and navigate to the sound I want (which plays just fine on the phone in any player)
    Once I select the song it returns me to the menu where it still says silent.

This happens for device ringtone, default notification, facebook app notification, hancent, gmail, email, you name it.

All of my device sounds are stuck on silent despite the phone not being on silent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: All notifications/ringtones are stuck on silent

Quote Originally Posted by cofthea View Post
    S3, 4.1.2

Sound mode on

I select it and navigate to the sound I want (which plays just fine on the phone in any player)

This happens for device ringtone, default notification, facebook app notification, hancent, gmail, email, you name it.

All of my device sounds are stuck on silent despite the phone not being on silent.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Reboot the phone and see if that helps. Otherwise, check through the settings and see if there is quiet time set all day. This would set all sounds to silent.

I am facing exactly same problem:
    Sound mode on

Rebooting the phone didn't help, and I could not find any setting like "quiet time".

Please help, Thanks in advance.

Rajashekar,
    You don't have any apps installed that modify the sound profile?

If you boot into Safe mode does this same thing occur?

Have you made sure that Settings -> Accessibility -> Turn off all sounds is unchecked?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

I just had this problem on my phone; here's the solution. You need to use your phone's default file explorer apps. If you're like me, you have a third party file explorer installed, but for some reason the device is now refusing to accept selections from that program. For notification tones, you want to use the program with the android logo. For ringtones, you want to use "sound picker."

If, when you try to change tones, your 3rd party program automatically opens, you need to clear the defaults for it. Go to application manager, find your program, and hit the button that says "clear defaults."

Hope this helps someone