Galaxy S3 Battery Drain

jly660

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I had my galaxy S3 from Rogers for almost 1 year and the battery drains like crazy!! When I first got the phone the battery life was ok. It lasted 1 full day (with the settings auto brightness, wifi usually on [when not in wifi area, using LTE], vibrate only, power saving on and snyc on. I turned off gps, bluetooth, location services, and motion). About 6 months ago I dropped the phone in water :S and I got it repaired. The phone battery life was still about 1 full day (with the same setting as above except when I'm not in a wifi area I use 4G to save battery life). After that every month the battery life seems to get worse from 1 full day to about half a day :S. After doing alittle research (this was around May/June) I found out Facebook was killing my battery so I stop using it on my phone then my battery got better (to about 3/4 of a day). But after that in July and August the battery life got really really bad, it will probably only last 5-6hrs. I honestly don't know what is wrong with it now. Is the water damage the problem with my battery drainage?
I'm running 4.1.2, never rooted and I'm running Nova launcher too.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I had my galaxy S3 from Rogers for almost 1 year and the battery drains like crazy!! When I first got the phone the battery life was ok. It lasted 1 full day (with the settings auto brightness, wifi usually on [when not in wifi area, using LTE], vibrate only, power saving on and snyc on. I turned off gps, bluetooth, location services, and motion). About 6 months ago I dropped the phone in water :S and I got it repaired. The phone battery life was still about 1 full day (with the same setting as above except when I'm not in a wifi area I use 4G to save battery life). After that every month the battery life seems to get worse from 1 full day to about half a day :S. After doing alittle research (this was around May/June) I found out Facebook was killing my battery so I stop using it on my phone then my battery got better (to about 3/4 of a day). But after that in July and August the battery life got really really bad, it will probably only last 5-6hrs. I honestly don't know what is wrong with it now. Is the water damage the problem with my battery drainage?
I'm running 4.1.2, never rooted and I'm running Nova launcher too.

Welcome to the forums!
I would suggest to first try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Shannon Vary

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have also used JuiceDefender in the past but recently installed NQ Android Booster and (personally) find it a bit more user friendly than JD.

Other suggestions to try are to switch (if you can) from the LTE to WCDMA. Not sure if that works for all carriers. I'm with Bell and that was a big help to me. As was letting my battery drain all the way down (2 or 3%) before recharging. I try to do this at least once a week.

Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown