Phantom signature in SMS

Spurtz

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I need some advice on something odd that's been happening; recipients of my texts have mentioned "why do you text your name at the end of each message - I already know it's from you". Here's the kicker - my signature is disabled (and at any rate, the field where it would go is blank) . When I compose a text, I see no automatic text entered, like one sees when signatures are enabled. It only shows up for the recipient. I've gone thru the application manager and cleared out everything available, but it's still happening. Stock messaging program, unrooted phone.

I'm on a Galaxy S3, 4.1.2. Hope someone can tell me what's going on.

EDIT: Solution found, my bad. I'm hoping that this may help others if they come across this issue:

This "feature" is part of Rogers' Extreme Messaging service, and it falls under Personal Signature: Add some fun to your text messages by creating a personal signature or message that will automatically be included at the end of any text you send. It can only be accessed through the smartphone using the data connection. I had no idea this was there.:confused:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax