Need Help with galaxy S3
Hello, I recently got a samsung galaxy S3 in a trade, everything seemed legit until i went to go activate it at mts, they told me the phone can be activated but it's still registered to someone elses account. Until the device is released they can't activate it, I phoned the guy several times and every time he says he'll do it but he never does. I did have it checked at mts, so it's not flagged as stolen or lost and i checked the imei, it's clear. So my question is if i take my sim from my blackberry torch 9800, cut it into a micro-sim and put it in the S3, will it actually work or will mts find out and block the device? I feel like i got totally screwed, and from reading up on it, it seems like it fairly common. I'm just looking for ideas of a way around this so i can actually use the phone.
- 09-02-2013, 12:09 AM #2
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Re: Need Help with galaxy S3
No i had got it from a guy i traded with on kijiji, we meet, i asked him all the questions i could think of and checked the device. He bought the phone outright after he screwed he's first one by dropping it. It never crossed my mind that it would be registered to his account and i wouldn't be able to use it. Is there a way around this?
- 09-02-2013, 12:22 PM #4
- 09-02-2013, 01:06 PM #6
- 10-03-2013, 12:57 AM #7
- By dpw2atox in forum Moto XReplies: 19Last Post: 10-09-2013, 09:21 AM
- By Luyanda in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 11Last Post: 09-29-2013, 11:33 PM
- By jessicaamber in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2013, 02:22 AM
- By grunt0300 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 30Last Post: 09-06-2013, 05:10 PM
- By sholzer in forum Moto XReplies: 8Last Post: 09-05-2013, 11:26 AM