May have bricked this S3..

Kagmere

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3 that I had attempted to root. I have tried a lot of things to fix the issue but am stumped. I am not trying to simply reset the phone to factory default and am having issues. I cannot access the phone at this point in any way other than the download boot screen. I cannot access recovery boot either to perform a hard reset, when attempting to access it I get the Samsung Logo with Recover Boot in the top left of the screen, then goes black to nothing. I attempted to change the pda option in Odin 3.07 to SGH-I747M_RWC_I747MVLALH1_I747MOYAALH1_original.zip.part but am receiving an error message saying

<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005> Can't open the specified file. (Line: 1949)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I'm no expert at any of this by any means, more of a notice. I think what may have happened with the root is that I somehow put the wrong region firmware on it?? I really have no other ideas here about what happened.

I am unable to reset my phone or proceed any further with the rooting process (which I won't even bother attempting if phone is fixed). I really would appreciate some help because this is my friend's phone and he entrusted me to root it (as I have with my note 2 and xperia play successfully in the past). Thanks for reading

Kagmere

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 copies of the same file and tried another one as well. I am getting the same issue. I also tried a different cord I had on hand. Same issue. The resource you provided me with suggests I wish to root the phone but all I want to do is reset it to factory defaults. How exactly do I check the region if I can't access the phone? I am a bit of a novice.

- - - Updated - - -

Is your phone the Att version? The i747 is Att galaxy s3 that might be the problem.

Posted via Samsung S3

It is SGH-I747M

josiahlikesminecraft

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I am in the process of downloading my proper region's firmware. I think this should solve the problem, rookie mistake. I'll let you know tomorrow when I attempt to flash the proper firmware on. Thanks a lot for the advice and quick reply.

No problem. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Posted via Samsung S3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks