Galaxy S3 (Canada) Toggle flashlight when in sleep mode via physical button multi-press

chopcraft

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. I recently switched to Android via a used Samsung Galaxy S3 running 4.1.2. I had been using an iPhone 4 that is jailbroken, but the hardware began to fail. I am generally pleased with the new OS and hardware, however I would like to do one thing that I could do on the Jailbroken iPhone 4 that I can't figure out on the Galaxy S3:

I want to be able to turn on and off the flashlight LED via a mutli-press on the home or sleep button. On the iPhone this was done via the Jailbreak app Activator, which is set for a triple-press of the home button when anywhere, including when the phone is in standby, to activate the Cydia app SpringFlash.

On the Galaxy S3 I managed to use the app Home2 Shortcut to assign a double-press of the home button to open the app DashLight, however this requires the phone to be fully on. If it worked without the screen being on and if it worked with the DashLight widget it would be perfect.

Does anyone have any idea how this might be achievable? I would be fine with using a multi-press of a different physical button.

At the moment I have the app Widget Locker installed to let me put a DashLight widget on a sort of pre-lock screen, however I worry that the LED will get inadvertently turned on when the phone is in my pocket.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
-Colin