Samsung Galaxy S3 in Canada - Flashlights now blinks when alarm is going off. 4.3

taylordutton

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
So I just updated to 4.3 and when my alarm went off yesterday morning the flashlight started blinking too. I can't find for the life of me where to turn that off. Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's at the bottom of the list in Settings -> My device -> Accessibility
I don't know the name of the actual item (I don't have 4.3; just seen this mentioned) but apparently you have to check and then uncheck the item and the problem will go away.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

engkitten

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I also updated this morning to the 4.3 version and when I get an incoming call my flashlight blinks..Anyone know how to get this to stop???? i went into my accessibility and turned the flashing light off for text messages alarms etc...but it didnt turn if off for incoming calls...Any ideas...Help is appreciated is aggravating as hell....Thanks

MJaneM

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I went into Settings and under My Device went to Accessibility the Flash notification was not on, however, I turned it on and turned it off and it seemed to have worked. My light would flash when my alarm went off and when I received incoming calls. I just did a test of incoming calls and it no longer flashes. Seems to have worked - good luck everyone!! (I have the Samsung Galaxy S3.

mepaul

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
my flashlight was blinking with incoming calls. Did what you said and voila! Now it doesn't! Thank you! My battery seems to drain really fast since update. Anyone else with this issue?

Joel Sandler

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh my god thank you. What a STUPID feature to enable by default. My wife AND my newborn son are happy it can be turned off. It's like they purposely hid that in a really random place. Erg......

ChattyDB

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
OMG, thank you all! This has been driving me insane! It doesn't help to have a phone on silence and then to have it flash and interrupt class and work!!

Megan Johns

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
All you do is go to settings and go to my device then go to accessibility and scroll all the way down and it says flash when alarms and phones go off