1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Updated to 4.3, phone freezes on Samsung Galaxy S3 Splash Screen

I admittedly don't know much about the ins-and-outs of smartphones.

Today I was prompted to update my firmware to Android 4.3. I accepted and it seemed like everything was running fine; I was texting with a friend when my phone froze and attempted to reset itself. Now the phone fails to get past the Samsung Galaxy S3 splash screen whenever I try to boot it up (It seems to hang there indefinitely). Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Default Re: Updated to 4.3, phone freezes on Samsung Galaxy S3 Splash Screen

I was also notified of the new patch OTA to "correct" the original 4.3 download. Installed this morning, and so far so good (it's very hard to type with fingers crossed!).

this update...is AWFUL!!!!!! My wifi keeps cutting out since downloading this ****ty "upgrade". They also implementing the contact icon in text messages; the printing it now either too small or too big. And you can't get rid of that stupid image!!!

I called customer service, they said a new upgrade should be out soon to fix the Bluetooth and wifi issues. He said they're adding more features...I sure as hell hope it includes getting rid of the icons in the text conversations.

If it's still there, i'm switching to an Iphone or blackberry.
    wlo

Is there a stable 4.3 update yet?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by wlo View Post
    Is there a stable 4.3 update yet?

These issues don't happen with most people, but since this is an Android forums site, owners of these phones come to share their experiences with updates. Users with issues are more likely to share than people who don't. That being said, I'd still avoid 4.3 since there is no way to downgrade.

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever