• 2 Post By can3gxw
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation DO NOT UPDATE to 4.3 READ THIS

so i see in forums problems with 4.3

Call audio
    Internet
    SMS
    Calendar.

Anything that could be private or even should be ...

anything in those ring a bell ? big brother ?

i think this new firmware was sent too quickly and lots of bugs regarding some aspects...

why would you have buggy internet and buggy audio and buggy sms all of a sudden if it's not something interfering with those.

the backend ( signal , internet and sms sender didnt change)

so i think it's a simple man in the middle ( they are recording all of this , internet, calls, etc.. ) WHY else would your cache be 1 GIG always ?

THINK, RE-THINK

Default Re: DO NOT UPDATE to 4.3 READ THIS

this update...is AWFUL!!!!!! My wifi keeps cutting out since downloading this ****ty "upgrade". They also implementing the contact icon in text messages; the printing it now either too small or too big. And you can't get rid of that stupid image!!!

I called customer service, they said a new upgrade should be out soon to fix the Bluetooth and wifi issues. He said they're adding more features...I sure as hell hope it includes getting rid of the icons in the text conversations.

If it's still there, i'm switching to an Iphone or blackberry.

I've had no problems. And that first guy has to settle down, big brother. Lmao, I'm sure they want to know that you told your wife or husband to stop and pick up a cantaloupe.

the 4.3 upgrade looks nice, but is very naughty.

in addition to all of the problems listed, the KIES sync is seriously broken in Kies 3.2; I have essentially lost the ability to sync contacts/calendar/tasks with outlook... let alone anything else.
    The Kies 2.x version was very bad, but it limped along enough to occasionally sync up with Outlook. Version 3.2 is a total mess.
    Question: does Kies log error messages anywhere? is there a command line flag to enable logging? right now, all I see is the extremely descriptive "sync failed" message.

on the upside, the battery life with 4.3 seems better.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

While Frankc goes to have his foil hat re-fitted I'll be using my phone and sleeping at night, thanks! It took a few days for everything to start working correctly (Bluetooth mostly) but I find the new F/W to be pretty good. I find my battery life has improved, well at least when the phone is idle. I use goSMS without any issues, i didn't particularly like the native SMS client, this is one of the nice things about Android. If you don't like it you can change it.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

You use the version previous to Kies 3 to upgrade to 4.3. After that you must use Kies 3 to connect to 4.3 and above.
    DocB1973
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy III

Hey Frank - I'm not too sure about big brother, but I did uninstall facebook as its latest update requested permission to read all of my mms and sms messages.

On the 4.3 issue, here are just a few of the many issues I have experienced ever since the upgrade: Battery drains in less than 3 hours. Bluetooth will no longer connect to any of five devices, Camera flash fires when phone rings (directly at oncoming traffic as it's on an i-mount) and randomly at other times. WiFi is seriously shaky. I am extremely pissed. Verizon is blaming this on everyone else. Why can't they just go back to the version we had in December until they get the rest worked out? I only receive and place ~7 phone calls per week. Nearly ALL of my usage involves roughly 32 GB of data per month through Bluetooth. WTF? They have wrecked an $800 phone since I paid full price in order to keep unlimited data contract. I want everything fixed that they just f*cked up or my full money back. A hard reset is totally unacceptable.

The 4.3 update is awful. I can use my phone only for legacy voice & SMS services. Wifi and mobile internet are unstable, and I'm lucky if I recieve an e-mail in 2 hours... See all the issues here:

Quick question - how many of the people posting in this thread are actually Canadian, running on Bell/Telus/Rogers, etc? GrilledRuben mentions Verizon... this is for the Canadian SGS3. There were plenty of problems with the first batch of 4.3 updates, but it was NOT strictly because of Samsung. Every time one of these updates come out, the carriers have to put their own spin on things and make sure that everything works for their networks.

I griped for a little bit when the "rest of the world" was getting their 4.3 updates, and Canada was left behind... glad we were. Some carriers in Europe had issues, as did some in the US. The carriers then pulled those updates so that "everyone" was not affected. Stuff was fixed and the update was re-released. Bell in Canada sent out the update to 4.3 at the end of November and I was one of the first to jump all over it.

I have to say that I couldn't be more pleased. Battery life is incredible, nothing is broken, and because I am on call 24/7, I will hardly ever reboot my phone. Out of habit, I reboot manually about once a month just to keep some of my apps from running amuck.

As for people that post things like "DO NOT UPDATE" is much like someone getting a flat tire and telling everyone "DON'T BUY A FORD!"