Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jasonhan416
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default omg firmware 4.3 update screwed up my phone

Title says all. Most major apps I use stopped working. I get an error saying ".... has stopped working" report or close.
    Google chrome won't work either. When I click on it, it just closes without any signs or messages... wtf

Default Re: omg firmware 4.3 update screwed up my phone

Is this the old 4.3 update or the new one?
    At a minimum, you should boot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache.
    You really should perform a Factory Reset after a major update (after backing up your information, of course) but that's your call.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's bs.. if I use factory reset, I lose all my app data where I spent money on.
    grilled reuben likes this.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

If you paid for your apps you will be able to re-install them after a factory reset. You can use something like Carbon backup (free if you use your PC to store the back up) and you can choose which apps to back up and restore. I would try to reset your cache in recovery mode before doing anything drastic such as restoring the device to factory defaults.

Helium: (what bassmig is referring to)

You can also use the Kies software on your PC to backup your contacts, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos, call logs and TouchWiz settings (well, most of them).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

While the updated Kies 3 does offer a "sync" option, my phone won't go past 90%. Ultimately it gives me an error message when trying to sync the phone. So I uninstalled Kies 3 and reinstalled - same problem. What is the deal here?

I agree that factory reset is total BS. However, what does he mean: "Is this the old 4.3 update or the new one? " Huh? there are two??