Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vylet22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default News briefing alarm no longer an option since upgrade?

I just noticed that I no longer have an option to choose 'alarm type' when selecting a new alarm. Here is a screen shot of my options:

News briefing alarm no longer an option since upgrade?-screenshot_2013-12-22-17-37-00.png

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get it back?

Default Re: News briefing alarm no longer an option since upgrade?

Did you ever get a fix for this?

I'm still missing this.

I'm having same problem for my Samsung Galaxy s5 there is no option in alarms for BRIEFING PLEASE HELP

Galaxy S4 unlocked int'l version just got kit kat. also lost the briefing option.
    however, my briefing alarms which were already created still work. however if i try to edit them, the app crashes. So I can only turn them off and on by tapping the enabled icon, which is sufficient I guess.
    quite a bummer this briefing alarm is gone, it was pretty damn cool

I miss this too. Just got the s5 and love it but this is the one thing I am missing. Also the "Navigation" app which was native to the s3 (the blue arrow app) which was just a shortcut to Maps seems gone. Now I have to press maps and click on the navigation, which is fine--but I don't like change much. BUT I really miss the news briefing. Please help. It ran through yahoo news so next Ill try to get that back which also seems to be gone. Maybe that is the workaround?

Same issue. Why would they have taken the briefing feature away??

Posted via the Android Central App

I can't believe this has gone, it was such a good feature.

Well the whole Samsung marketing Jugananaught isn't really inspiring me right now. I'm seriously considering a new manufacturer for my handset. Everything about Samsung is starting annoy me, their software sucks, and they're just trying to emulate apple. If I wanted an iPhone I'd just buy one!

Quote Originally Posted by barry1964 View Post
    Well the whole Samsung marketing Jugananaught isn't really inspiring me right now. I'm seriously considering a new manufacturer for my handset. Everything about Samsung is starting annoy me, their software sucks, and they're just trying to emulate apple. If I wanted an iPhone I'd just buy one!

Same here. S6- no longer a removable battery? Wth? I specifically have android/Samsung because it's Not apple/iphone. And now my briefing is gone-?! What's up with that Lollipop? Upgrade-my ***. Haven't found any improvements. It's more and more like crApple every time- lots of changes with no improvements just to say they have something New. I call bs. Miss my Blackberry with actual buttons.
    barry1964 likes this.

Unfortunately Sony aren't that much better, the Z3 sounds nice, looks nice, but is weirdly impractical in so many unwanted ways. I just don't think they've made it, and their not going to unfortunately...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk